Getting a job in the CIA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerick

Unverified
Does everyone who wants a job in the CIA need to have a college degree? Would a corpsman be of any value to the agency?

Check out their website. I think all jobs on the site require a degree. You can contact them and ask them. You may be able to work ground branch as a corpsman.

I would worry more about joining the Navy and becoming a corpsman before I would worry about applying to the CIA, unless you have the qualifications to apply directly.

I would worry more about joining the Navy and becoming a corpsman before I would worry about applying to the CIA, unless you have the qualifications to apply directly.

totally agree. Crawl before you can walk. You might actually want to visit the website first and check it out, see what the quals are for the job you want and then choose and MOS that fits those quals. My 2 cents.

If you've looked at the website at all under "employment", you'll find that they wish their applicants to be discreet in their application process. This isn't exactly discreet.

If you get in the right spot as a corpsman, you'll find your answer.

Haha. This is exactly the type of person that they hire! You should go for it man, you're a shoe in with your situational awareness!:doh:

I'll play nice for a second - the only ones they want for corpsman-type work are fmr DEVGRP corpsmen, SF 18Ds, etc. If you're an FMF (or worse regular Navy) corpsman, give it up. You'd be better off going to school and learning a worthwhile foreign language.

Lemme know when there's an opening for Virgin Checkers. Would that be under HUMINT or Special Activities?

Will 4 years in Ranger Regiment as a commo guy (not red beret support) who served as an RTO for line companies overseas and a PoliSci - Intl Relations (Honors) BS be enough for the Paramilitary position?

Also speak fluent Bulgarian and Macedonian.

And are all PM's automatically part of the SOG? or are they part of SAD, and can later move onto SOG?

There is a saying that seems to apply here:

"It is better to appear stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

I think you have read to many fiction spy novels!

7point62 said: Lemme know when there's an opening for Virgin Checkers. Would that be under HUMINT or Special Activities?
___

More likely that's Science and Technology more likely, no?

Are we about done "giving input" to this kid? I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I think he got the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back