Good.

Rise

Unverified
Hello everyone. I'm currently a cadet at the U.S. Air Force Academy but due to some circumstances and deficiencies in STEM based classes (I'm really bad at math), it looks like I'll be disenrolled soon due to academic reasons. As Jocko would have it, I'm trying to overlook the self-pity and wallowing in misery and find some good. What I've come to realize recently is that 1) I 100% would like to still be in the military, and more recently, 2) I think I'd like to be involved in the medical field (something that I wouldn't be able to do at USAFA anyways). I've always wanted to contribute to the special operations/physically challenging demands of the military, but realistically, that's not going to happen as a fit but 110 lb female. However, I'd like to be involved, even if indirectly. My main goal is to learn about earning a nursing through the DOD and ultimately SOST opportunities--if you have any information/advice regarding those two things, I'd appreciate it if you reached out. Looking forward to being apart of the forums.

Welcome.

You could hop on down I25 a bit and get in the Nursing program here at UCCS. Granted, I think all our AFROTC is about to have to start commuting to. Boulder, but I know Army is still here if that's an option.

I'm sorry to hear about your pending disenrollment. I taught at West Point for five years so I know how difficult the curriculum can be.

Are you going to enlist or try another route through college?

There is a lot of room in the SpecOps community. Being small and female isn't a disqualifier.

Thank you all for your replies and welcomes!
I'm sorry to hear about your pending disenrollment. I taught at West Point for five years so I know how difficult the curriculum can be.

Are you going to enlist or try another route through college?

There is a lot of room in the SpecOps community. Being small and female isn't a disqualifier.
Those techy classes were a bit of a struggle for me. While enlisting is very tempting, I think I'd like to try another route through college if after all, my goal is to become a nurse in the U.S. military.

Welcome, and keep pushing forward. Given your introduction, you definitely don't sound like a quitter. Hurdle one passed.

Back