GPS on weapon stock?

Why? Dear God, Why? rifle go boom to kill badguys, gps to make it there before you need rifle... compass and map for when the friggin gps goes tits up from dead batteries... and don't gps systems have lights that will make your friggin face glow as a target?

so in conclusion- 1. rifle with the minimum crap strapped on to do the mission (shoot bad guy in the face), 2. gps where it doesn't light up your face for hadji to shoot (see 1), and compass with area map to make sure you can gtfo when your gps batteries die (see above)...

How many soldiers write this Christmas letter... "Dear Santa, I want 50 more pounds of useless lightweight cool-guy crap to strap to me on missions so my friends will be jealous and especially that lighted gps for lthe buttstock of my rifle that amkes my face glow..."

Chicks dig scars (and tattoos) more. And besides, the gps where it sits on the stock, will rip your face open making you ugly... chicks dig scars, just not on the face...

I only have one scar that I got when I was little. :D Chicks DEFINITELY don't dig it although I have tried like the dickens to show it to as many as possible. :hmm: <------- That was fricken funny right there! I apologize...it's this clear liquid that I brought back from Mexico that's doing the talking.

I only have one scar that I got when I was little. :D Chicks DEFINITELY don't dig it although I have tried like the dickens to show it to as many as possible. :hmm: <------- That was fricken funny right there! I apologize...it's this clear liquid that I brought back from Mexico that's doing the talking.

...and you wonder why SOT-A gets no respect? :ROFLMAO: Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! Mescal and cool do not mix; after 4 shots of the mescal there is no cool...

I noticed the Magpul stock getting more and more attention - like the photo provided by our SF Doc.
Why is that?

While I don't carry a gun for a living, I know some folks prefer a lighter stock to change the balance of the weapon. Some like it nose heavy, some like the weight to be even. I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

I noticed the Magpul stock getting more and more attention - like the photo provided by our SF Doc.
Why is that?

I use this one because I can adjust the height of it, with a snap on piece from Magpul, for a better cheek weld. Its a pretty good stock and the add on pieces are great for those of us who keep the stock at full extension.

I think this is yet another example of, "this shit makes me look cool."

My GPS is dummycorded inside my E&E pouch on my chest. I dont see the utility of having it on the buttstock. Besides, I carry an extra CAT on the right side of my buttstock.

**Dude in that pic is a fag...flexing while modeling a GPS pouch. **

Agreed. Dummycord for the win. Even the best can drop gear in certain situations.

Hard as nails...that's what this guy is. I tried to wear my 14's during the day but it made my eyes bleed.

Just put it on your wrist facing inboard. Or on your gear like everyone else, I have seen a few guys on my last 2 trips try on rock the buttstock GPS, they weren't the brightest to start out with anyway. On the wrist with a TOB grip on your gun and you can rock and roll, and have your grid.

I'll agree that throwing it on your rifle is pretty retarded, I honestly can't see how this would be benificial. In my case, I have a 101 on my plate carrier with a velcro backing and dummy cord so I can stick it wherever I need to at the time without it going away forever if it happens to bump off. It usually sits on the front of my admin pouch.

As far as purposes there are a few administrative times where having an immediate fix on your position would be useful - for example SSE.

Back