Guardian Angels Training

Ravage

running up that hill
f4ej4g.jpg

Download HiRes
A U.S. Air Force pararescueman from the 82nd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron lands in the desert during a joint mass casualty exercise near Camp Lemonier. A Guardian Angel team from the 82nd worked alongside Marines from the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit to recover simulated isolated personnel in an austere environment.
(Photo by Staff Sgt. Joseph Swafford : Combined Joint Task Force - Horn of Africa)

vf8ldc.jpg

Download HiRes
U.S. Air Force Senior Airman Alex Howell, a pararescueman from the 82nd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron lands in the desert during a joint mass casualty exercise near Camp Lemonier. A Guardian Angel team from the 82nd worked alongside Marines from the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit to recover simulated isolated personnel in an austere environment.
(Photo by Staff Sgt. Joseph Swafford : Combined Joint Task Force - Horn of Africa)

2d9wit3.jpg

Download HiRes
Pararescueman from the 82nd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron gathers his parachute after landing in the desert during a joint mass casualty exercise near Camp Lemonier. A Gaurdian Angel team from the 82nd worked alongside Marines from the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit to recover simulated isolated personnel in an austere environment.

11l4wmp.jpg

Download HiRes
U.S. Air Force Master Sgt. Derek Docter, a pararescueman from the 82nd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron packs his parachute after landing in the desert during a joint mass casualty exercise near Camp Lemonier. Guardian Angels from the 82nd worked alongside Marines from the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit to recover simulated isolated personnel in an austere environment.

261dl48.jpg

Download HiRes
U.S. Air Force Senior Airman Michael Hagerman, a pararescueman from the 82nd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron packs his parachute after landing in the desert during a joint mass casualty exercise near Camp Lemonier. Guardian Angels from the 82nd worked alongside Marines from the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit to recover simulated isolated personnel in an austere environment.

szbxia.jpg

Download HiRes
U.S. Air Force Master Sgt. Derek Docter, a pararescueman from the 82nd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron packs his parachute after landing in the desert during a joint mass casualty exercise near Camp Lemonier. Guardian Angels from the 82nd worked alongside Marines from the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit to recover simulated isolated personnel in an austere environment.

29g1y75.jpg

Download HiRes
U.S. Air Force pararescuemen from the 82nd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron advance their position after landing in the desert during a joint mass casualty exercise near Camp Lemonier. A Guardian Angel team from the 82nd worked alongside Marines from the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit to recover simulated isolated personnel in an austere environment.

ebdlyp.jpg

Download HiRes
U.S. Air Force pararescuemen from the 82nd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron advance their position after landing in the desert during a joint mass casualty exercise near Camp Lemonier. A Guardian Angel team from the 82nd worked alongside Marines from the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit to recover simulated isolated personnel in an austere environment.

2wefote.jpg

Download HiRes

726pmh.jpg

Download HiRes

23ts8dz.jpg

Download HiRes
U.S.Air Force Tech Sgt. Travis Shaw a pararescueman from the 82nd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron carries a simulated casualty during a joint mass casualty exercise near Camp Lemonier. A Guardian Angel team from the 82nd worked alongside Marines from the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit to recover simulated isolated personnel in an austere environment.

vqgvhs.jpg

Download HiRes
U.S. Air Force pararescuemen from the 82nd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron look on as a CH-46E Sea Knight lands in the desert during a joint mass casualty exercise near Camp Lemonier. A Guardian Angel team from the 82nd worked alongside Marines from the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit to recover simulated isolated personnel in an austere environment.

29z8pd5.jpg

Download HiRes
U.S. Air Force Capt. William Chase a pararescueman from the 82nd Expeditionary Rescue Squadron looks out as red smoke from a smoke grenade engulfs his position during a joint mass casualty exercise near Camp Lemonier. A Guardian Angel team from the 82nd worked alongside Marines from the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit to recover simulated isolated personnel in an austere environment.

Cool

BUT...

post number 3, Top pic.

Where is the PJ's rifle?

That was a NO GO in my unit, you must be able to engage the enemy at ALL times, we specifically practiced weapons carrying while doing fireman's carries.

PJs, maybe something to think about/address? :2c:

I don't know much about the organization on the Air Force side. Is the "Guardian Angel Team" a different make up versus other PJ teams. If this is an opsec issue I will happily just move along, just never heard that reference before.

Great Pics though:)

Cool

Where is the PJ's rifle?

That was a NO GO in my unit, you must be able to engage the enemy at ALL times, we specifically practiced weapons carrying while doing fireman's carries.

PJs, something to think about/address. :2c:

Right on with the gat, austere environment...understatement, that's as dry as a nuns nasty.

Wow, I am gonna have to bust their balls for these pics. Good post.

see post below....i still suck with quotes and multiquotes.....:doh::doh::doh::doh:

Cool

BUT...

post number 3, Top pic.

Where is the PJ's rifle?

PJs, maybe something to think about/address? :2c:

its slung behind his back. cant you see the muzzle...come on now pardus. did youre old unit practice situational awareness??? :)

its slung behind his back. cant you see the muzzle...come on now pardus. did youre old unit practice situational awareness??? :)

Oh I can see it OK. Just isn't much good to him there if he needs it right now.

Our ethos with something like this was 'train as you will fight', always be ready to engage the enemy when in a combat situation.
Yep that is a little redundant if he is surrounded by a protection team, but its a solid practice and mindset IMO.

Then again, we weren't allowed slings on weapons either.

That was a different time and place I know.

Pardus...If you weren't allowed to sling wepons where did you hold em if you had to carry someone? And why weren't you allowed? Im a plain ol'e blackshoe Navy puke so I don't know alot of this stuff.

Pardus...If you weren't allowed to sling wepons where did you hold em if you had to carry someone? And why weren't you allowed? Im a plain ol'e blackshoe Navy puke so I don't know alot of this stuff.

You lock his leg in the crook of your arm and reach over and grab his arm with the same arm, leaving the other hand free to carry the rifle and scratch your balls if needed.
We weren't allowed because (this was back in the day when a sling was a basic strap) you couldnt shoot if the rifle was slung.

Slings are great now.... if I just work out how to use them :uhh: lol

Oh I can see it OK. Just isn't much good to him there if he needs it right now.

Its still done up here Pardus. In any rescue drill or carry, we are required to be able to engage targets at any time. Our carries and dragging techniques incorporate that idea, regardless of security.

Back