Gun Coloring

I have used it on some older firearm restorations. I can clearly understand how to do it.. so anyone can. I would like to try ceraKote, If I can find an advantage to one over the other I will always use the one that is best.

I haven't delved into any firearms coating for fear of ruining something. How far down to do you have to take the weapon to apply this stuff ?? Properly I mean.

I like the Graphite Black on the slide and Safari camo on the frame.

I haven't delved into any firearms coating for fear of ruining something. How far down to do you have to take the weapon to apply this stuff ?? Properly I mean.

I like the Graphite Black on the slide and Safari camo on the frame.

For me, it depends upon the surface condition of the existing finish. For example if you want to coat a weapon like an M4 where the finish is fairly good. I de grease it thoroughly, then wipe it down with acetone. hang it from the rack by thin gauge wire and start spraying. I had a really old enfield that the old finish was shot so I used a pressurized sand blaster ($75 at harbor freight) and removed the entire finish. wiped it with acetone and started spraying.

hope this helps.

ETA: 8Deuce... as you can see, in the entire post above, there is absolutely NO MENTION of a dremel anywhere, anyhow... clear? clear.

ETA: 8Deuce... as you can see, in the entire post above, there is absolutely NO MENTION of a dremel anywhere, anyhow... clear? clear.

It's too late !! I just took a dremel to my Glock to remove the finish off the slide.
biggrin.png
eek.png

I like to use crayons when coloring on my guns... not as permanent, I can change the color scheme to fit my mood... and it gives me an excuse to by the Crayola 64 color box of crayons, with the sharpener...:D

HOLY SHIT!!!! I did it!!!!

I found a grammatical/syntax/spelling error by xSFmed... WooHoo!!!!!

Everyone better head to church... the end is obviously VERY NEAR!!

:D I had to do it. LOL

Everytime I think you have emptied out the vaults of your clip art you pull out another gem. Its like Santas gift sack or maybe witchery, was Chop involved in collection of clip art? Have you seen a newt lately?

Back