Hell or High Water

Gunz

Combined Action
Verified Military
Great movie if you haven't seen it. Very cool. Reminded me of No Country for Old Men. Ben Foster is absolutely badass...Chris Pine is terrific. Jeff Bridges fucking nails it as a savvy old Texas Ranger near retirement. The plot is clever. I just think most of you guys would dig the hell out of it.

I watched it Thursday night and again yesterday with my son Chris.

Like @TLDR20 I really enjoyed Sicario as well - highly recommend it.

Very interesting to listen to the CIA-dude's talk about 'Medellin' after having watched Narcos on Netflix. Guess it's all about perspective.

Like @TLDR20 I really enjoyed Sicario as well - highly recommend it.

Very interesting to listen to the CIA-dude's talk about 'Medellin' after having watched Narcos on Netflix. Guess it's all about perspective.

I told my son about Sicario after @TLDR20 suggested it...he said, "Dad, you bought that for me for my birthday. It's upstairs." :wall:

Senility raises it's ugly head.

Great movie. Nailed the personalities of a lot of people from East and West Texas I felt.

Texas Rangers still dress like that too. I ran into one in a Starbucks of all places and struck up a conversation on Texas Ranger history.

He carried a 1911 with ornate grips handmade by a Texas inmate. Seemed fitting.

Great movie. Nailed the personalities of a lot of people from East and West Texas I felt.

Texas Rangers still dress like that too. I ran into one in a Starbucks of all places and struck up a conversation on Texas Ranger history.

He carried a 1911 with ornate grips handmade by a Texas inmate. Seemed fitting.

Ive been out there a bunch. My former CO lives in Pecos...and I hunt with a war buddy who's wife is the mayor of Pecos. Small world.

I may move out to west Texas someday...build myself a unabomber shack out in the Chihuahuan Desert, stock it with jerky, booze and ammo and shoot anything that comes within a thousand yards.

West Texas is awesome, spent alot of time in Midland. Both films are very good! I heard Emily Blunt was written out of Sicario II, could just be bad INTEL...:wall:

Ive been out there a bunch. My former CO lives in Pecos...and I hunt with a war buddy who's wife is the mayor of Pecos. Small world.

I may move out to west Texas someday...build myself a unabomber shack out in the Chihuahuan Desert, stock it with jerky, booze and ammo and shoot anything that comes within a thousand yards.

West Texas is like no other place on earth, a totally different pace in life and a whole other meaning to freedom. You really have to fuck up to get in trouble out there. As long as you leave everyone else alone, you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want.

I've been looking at Big Bend area, for a get away shack. We have a family Ranch (about 1400 acres) just east of Del Rio, but too much family always out there, getting into business they shouldn't. I want a small chunk next to one of the Big Bend parks, where I can let out on horseback for a few days, etc. Place where someone really is making an effort to visit.

Pretty fun seeing all those Texas towns.....loved the Steak resturant scene.

You gotta go to a LEO BBQ in west Texas.... everyone is wearing their bling "BBQ Guns" and fancy leather tooled belts..... locals, Deputies and, especially, those Rangers.

LOL, I've got two good friends who recently baught a leather stitching machine and who are getting in deep waters when it comes to tooling leather.

I'm waiting on my tax return to get silly with my Barbecue Pistol and leather. I've carried a G19 concealed for years and years, Texas finally passed that open carry law, and I've been planning my "Texas BBQ Gun" every since.

Great movie if you haven't seen it. Very cool. Reminded me of No Country for Old Men. Ben Foster is absolutely badass...Chris Pine is terrific. Jeff Bridges fucking nails it as a savvy old Texas Ranger near retirement. The plot is clever. I just think most of you guys would dig the hell out of it.

I watched it Thursday night and again yesterday with my son Chris.
I've got to see this movie

Back