Hi Guys!

Leslie

Unverified
My name's Leslie and my husband is a 68W. We're currently at Fort Drum, but I just got news today that my husband's 160th application has been accepted. I like to be prepared so I came here hoping to find out some more information on what to expect. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. :)

I'm sorry I missed the fact that an intro was required up front. I'm not used to that on forums. I'm off to fill out my profile!

Leslie, welcome to the site. There are many current and former (like me) Nightstalkers here on Shadowspear.

I wish you and your husband good luck at the Regiment. I've spent a lot of time in the Army but I can say unequivocally that the 160th is the most tightly-knit organization I've ever been a part of. I told my wife more than once that if I die on active duty I wanted it to be in the 160th, because few units take care of families like the 160th.

At the same time, don't be surprised if you don't get a lot of responses to your questions. The culture of the 160th is tight-lipped, as you'll find out when you get to the unit. Right now, the best thing you can do is Google "160th SOAR" and read up on all of the details, then ask general questions. The more specific you get, the more likely it is that your questions will be answered here. It has nothing to do with you, but everything to do with the "quiet professional" lifestyle that is observed by most Special Operators. Again, best of luck to you and your husband. I hope you enjoy your time in the 160th as much as I did.

I wish you and your husband good luck at the Regiment. I've spent a lot of time in the Army but I can say unequivocally that the 160th is the most tightly-knit organization I've ever been a part of. I told my wife more than once that if I die on active duty I wanted it to be in the 160th, because few units take care of families like the 160th.
That is good to hear. In general, what are the 160th wives like? I had so much trouble with my FRG up here. It was so bad that we had 5 different leaders in the span of one year. One of those leaders actually started making harassing phone calls and filed a fraudulent police report against one of the wives. I was the treasurer through about half of it and eventually quit because it was taking a toll on me. It's really turned me off to getting involved. I'm hoping the higher standards associated with 160th will correspond with higher standards within the families too.

At the same time, don't be surprised if you don't get a lot of responses to your questions. The culture of the 160th is tight-lipped, as you'll find out when you get to the unit. Right now, the best thing you can do is Google "160th SOAR" and read up on all of the details, then ask general questions. The more specific you get, the more likely it is that your questions will be answered here. It has nothing to do with you, but everything to do with the "quiet professional" lifestyle that is observed by most Special Operators. Again, best of luck to you and your husband. I hope you enjoy your time in the 160th as much as I did.
Thanks! With any luck "quiet professional" lifestyle translates to "less drama."

Back