Hitting trouble with enlistment contract

Wanted to add that if you want something bad enough you will do what is necessary to achieve it. Have a grandson that wanted to go the xray way but also had to get a moral waiver so got shot down on enlisting for 18x. Only thing they would let him get was tank mechanic so he took it. Got sent to Hood and then later to Iraq. Never gave up on his dream. Applied for SF and got accepted and completed Q. That was some years ago. Of course the Army has decided that he has to now be a recruiter in KY and he is succeeding doing that. I started my military career as a Recon Marine and the later went Army and made my way to the 10th SF Gp when they were at Tolz as an 11C.

Wanted to add that if you want something bad enough you will do what is necessary to achieve it. Have a grandson that wanted to go the xray way but also had to get a moral waiver so got shot down on enlisting for 18x. Only thing they would let him get was tank mechanic so he took it. Got sent to Hood and then later to Iraq. Never gave up on his dream. Applied for SF and got accepted and completed Q. That was some years ago. Of course the Army has decided that he has to now be a recruiter in KY and he is succeeding doing that. I started my military career as a Recon Marine and the later went Army and made my way to the 10th SF Gp when they were at Tolz as an 11C.

Thanks for that input. I love that attitude and that is exactly how I am going to push forward. I want to be in the Army in a combat MOS and that's my first goal, second is volunteering if the opportunity presents itself during OSUT.

I really do believe things happen the way they are supposed to happen. If I have to take a standard 11x, 3 year contract instead of an Opt. 40 or 18x contract then that's how it was supposed to be and I'm going to make the best of it.

Thanks for that input. I love that attitude and that is exactly how I am going to push forward. I want to be in the Army in a combat MOS and that's my first goal, second is volunteering if the opportunity presents itself during OSUT.

I really do believe things happen the way they are supposed to happen. If I have to take a standard 11x, 3 year contract instead of an Opt. 40 or 18x contract then that's how it was supposed to be and I'm going to make the best of it.
Why not do an 11x and airborne. You will have to be airborne so might as well get it out of the way. While at Benning for jump school, after your 11x, you will find recruiters for both Rangers and SF looking for troops to volunteer. Most large Army bases have a SF Recruiter office. You can reach your goal in different ways.

Why not do an 11x and airborne. You will have to be airborne so might as well get it out of the way. While at Benning for jump school, after your 11x, you will find recruiters for both Rangers and SF looking for troops to volunteer. Most large Army bases have a SF Recruiter office. You can reach your goal in different ways.

I am working on that. My recruiter is playing coy with the Option 4 and when I ask, he changes the subject. Last time we looked up available jobs, there was no Option 4 option under 11x, just like there was no Option 40. Now, things could change come the next quarter which will probably be when MEPS opens up again so we'll see when I talk to the counselor.

Option 4 is not a make or break for me tbh. I would like it because it gets me more of an opportunity to position myself to volunteer, but as I said, I am just pumped to serve and join the Army. I'm done with the private sector.

Back