Home Made 1MW Pulse Laser Pistol

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
I want one. }:-):thumbsup:http://hackaday.com/2011/03/10/youll-shoot-your-eye-out-with-a-1mw-laser-pulse-pistol/

You’ll shoot your eye out…with a 1MW laser pulse pistol

posted Mar 10th 2011 5:12am by Mike Nathan
filed under: laser hacks

laser_pulse_gun.jpg

G.I. Joe used them to battle Cobra’s evil forces. Han solo shot his first in the Mos Eisley Cantina. For years, hand-held pulse laser guns have been something that existed only in the realm of cartoons and movies…until now.
German hacker [Patrick Priebe] recently constructed a laser pulse gun that looks so good, it could have easily come off a Hollywood movie set. Its sleek white and black exterior adds intrigue, but offers little warning as to how powerful the gun actually is.
Fitted with a Q-switched Nd:YAG laser, it fires off a 1 MW blast of infrared light once the capacitors have fully charged. The duration of the laser pulse is somewhere near 100ns, so he was unable to catch it on camera, but its effects are easily visible in whatever medium he has fired upon. The laser can burst balloons, shoot through plastic, and even blow a hole right through a razor blade.
[Patrick] says that he is more than happy to help out anyone looking to source parts and build one for their own use, so what are you waiting for?
Stick around for a quick demo video of the gun in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUXXGbNS8oY

I thought it was the one that makes people crap their pants, but apparantley this one can cause a perforated bowel. JAB, define "death" ray, dying now suddenly or dying later after much agony still leads to the same end result. It says it will pop a balloon, think of how many dumb blonds you can eliminate.

Pop a balloon? How about a silicone-gel-filled implant? ;)

Still....... I think I have now found what I want from the Tactical Secret Santa for next year!

I had this fantasy play through my mind. Bring this in your carry on through a TSA screening.
All kidding aside what a great tool at the mall. You could pierce and install studs so cool.
OK lets set up a Shadow Spear build party.

Back