How is this possible? Tan beret....non-Regiment

Interesting. Then again the RTB Fags! wear the Tan beret (yes I said Fags... I will take my major minus now) and are not even apart of Regiment or USASOC or alright you get the point! I think Centermass is right.

HeHe! Funny.

Who fucking cares what color your beenie is! All the "give a fuck" left me when they took the black away! We should all go to black panty hose like the gangsters, with a knot in the top. Then what would the G's wear?

One of the guy's clearly has a 3rd Group flash and SF crest on his Tan beret.

Could be a support type, but came from Regiment, and get's to wear his previous units beret ??

Somehow I thought all of them would sport the USASOC flash with the "Sine Pari" crest.

Inquiring minds would like to know. :doh:

Sez me...the guy (a supply dude according to the bio) has a Ranger tab; I surmise that he served in Ranger Regiment and I guess that trumps the "ordinary" maroon beret. He might also have been a line Ranger, and got hurt or otherwise changed jobs, but retains his Regimental beret privileges. Just guesses and no intent to demean. If he's sporting that on a USASOC site, it's a good bet it's authorized.

I actually remember the day they told us that Regiment was considering a new beret for us. Their were copies of the proposals hanging around the AO. I wish I kept a copy, but I believe there was a dark red color, a green (oh yes, let's just piss off Group and steal theirs:rolleyes:), and several other ones that I remember sucked...but can't remember. I'm sure some of the other guys that were in while I was can add to that. At that point everyone liked the tan but had the "who really fucking cares" attitude.

The whole thing was an embarrassment to the Army, from the proposal by a four star general with "hat envy" all the way to the way-over-reaction of the Ranger Association.

COL PK Keen is the only one who showed real class in the whole affair; a credit to the Regiment, IMHO.

Ok so this is the way I understand it. If you are long tabbed you wear the Green beenie, If you are not you wear the Tan beenie while assigned to USASOC... right?

Correct with only two known exceptions, within 3d PSYOP Battalion and in the 112th SO Sig Bn, everyone wore Maroon, regardless of tabbing. (Know this from personal experience).

Correct with only two known exceptions, within 3d PSYOP Battalion and in the 112th SO Sig Bn, everyone wore Maroon, regardless of tabbing. (Know this from personal experience).

That's the way it should be. Headgear is organizational wear; everyone in the unit should wear the same hat. :2c:

1) I get REAL confused with all the Army uniform issues. Maybe it's becuase I was "raised" different.

2) I've seen guys at JSOC/JCU wearing different color berets, but was never able to figure out a rhyme or reason. I guess I should have asked.

3) I saw the Black Daggers jump at MCAS New River a couple of years ago. They do put on a pretty damn good show. :)

Things were fine the way they were. Shinseki felt that giving the black beret to the entire Army would "transform" it into some ultra super commando unit. He just got a Army full of pizza chefs that bitch more about having to wear it. I remember walking by a girl sporting the black beret on FT Benning. Her exact words were "you all can have this back!"... considering it was a lovely typical summer day on Benning. It all stems back to the whole, "Earned not Issued" thing.

Back