How To Be a PJ

amlove21

Pararescue
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
For all those PJ/CRO hopefuls out there- a very close personal friend of mine, fellow PJTL and overall good guy TSgt Brian Silva has started "How to Be A PJ". Brian and I were stationed together in England, then Vegas, and now both find ourselves at different ends of the pipeline in AETC as instructors.

His intent is in line with our intent here in the mentor ship, development, recruitment and training of SOF hopefuls, in this case Pararescuemen and Combat Rescue Officers.

He is developing everything you could need on your quest- standards, training advice and workouts, access to a nationwide community of BA hopefuls, and advice from actual PJs and CROs currently working in the pipeline and beyond. I was lucky enough to be invited as a guest on an Instagram live event with him this Wednesday, where we talked about the pipeline from his perspective, Indoc Instructor, and mine, Director of Training at the Apprentice course. He has weekly Q&A Sessions where he answers any and all questions prospective candidates might have. He's planning on uploading the chat from yesterday on his youtube channel soon.

For anyone thinking about Pararescue or Combat Rescue Officer as a career, this is a great resource.

You can find the How To Be A PJ homepage here, his Instagram page here, and his YouTube channel here.

Looks like an awesome resource, can't wait for the workouts to go up! TSgt Silva investing time and effort for a bunch of PJ hopefuls he hasn't even met is pretty cool - truly says a lot about him and the Pararescue community.

It was kind of funny beause I got an alert from instagram 10min prior to him going live and it said something along the lines of "meeting with amlove". I've been pretty quiet on here just trying to soak in as much as I can from searching old posts and reading current ones, but right away I thought to myself hmm I know that username from ShadowSpear. Thanks for sharing your knowledge last night!

One more thing I wanted to point out - you guys really put me at ease talking about the Pararescue community being supportive of family life. Obviously the mission comes first when it's go-time, but it's awesome to hear that if I make it through selection, I won't have to choose to between being a good husband/father vs being a good PJ. Seems to me that both are possible at the same time, and I'm now motivated to train even harder than before. Thank you again.

How to be a PJ is running an instragram live event soecifically geared toward the CRO side of the house and how to get there. It’ll be live at 1930 CST, and uploaded later to his YouTube channel.

Hopefully all those with questions tune in and watch the Q&A.

ETA- sorry should have specified, the event is tonight, Tuesday Jan 2nd st 1930 CST.

Back