Howdy

the stickman

Unverified
Gentlemen,

I have not served in the military, but I have the utmost of respect for those who serve our country. I have created an account on shadow spear in order to get better and I have a couple questions that I wanted to ask. I am going to ask a mod where the best spot would be for me to post my questions and then I will give info below.

Thank you for your time and your service.

-the stickman

I have read your other thread... my advice is to run the other friggin direction until you get your ruck packed tight and can communicate what you are bringing to the table.

I don't care if you are the second coming of Seaver, Koozman, Yazstremski and Mays all rolled into one... you're communication sucks and you haven't even tried to gain a clue about what the 'training needs' of the SOF community are... and I hate to tell you, most of the currently serving SOF guys are in better shape than "professional" athletes... and have little or no motivation problems.

Be clear, be concise, be real- WTF do you bring to the table to 'train or coach' SOF guys? Do you have a clue what their jobs entail? Why are you qualified to do this? (and your pro-athlete spiel ain't gonna cut it) ... and most importantly - WTF exactly do you do besides be unspecific about being a pro athlete?

Don't get all butt hurt about my not so nice questions - this is a tiny bit of what you can expect from the SOF community if you want to 'coach' them. You have no creds in this game, so again, what are you brining to the table above that which SOF guys that have gone back and become MDs, kinesiologists, shrinks and combinations of the above and are working with the DoD in official capacities?

And just so you know, vetting is a normal part of the process in the SOF community. We don't like nor tolerate posers, liars, frauds, nor cheats... no aspersions cast, just a statement of facts you should know.

Please, re-read, re-think, re-phrase and re-write your previous posts - as an initial glimpse of what you hope to sell - they're a major bucket of fail.

I haven't decided if I'm going to welcome you yet... but you did get the speech... think about it.

x Sf med that is exactly what I needed to hear.

Unfortunately, I was clueless enough to post my other thread in the manner that I did.

The below is my reply to my other thread and I think it applies here as well:

Thank you for your input and I apologize for where I have been out of line. This process has taught me a lot already.

In my prior experience I have found that I improve the most when I am around the best. My end goal is to be the best performance psych consultant I can be, in the most elite environment I am suitable for. With that in mind, I was interested to see what it would take to be a consultant with Special Forces.

It is clear that there is too much that I do not know in your field at this time, so I will stick with sports.

Thank you for your time and take care.

Back