Hurlburt

justincredubil02

Verified Military
Are any of you currently there? I'll be reporting there late summer and would like some info on the area. You can either post it here, or PM me - whichever you prefer.

Unfortunately, no. Not yet anyway....I'll be dropping an application within the next year. I'm going to the 1 SOLRS.

Ah. Great bars out in Destin. You'll have a blast out there. Just go to Destin and either go to the beach, or go to a bar near the beach. You pretty much can't go wrong with that formula. McGuire's has great steaks and burgers, Donut Hole is (IMHO) the best breakfast spot around, and there's Taco Tuesdays at Tijuana Flats.

Ah. Great bars out in Destin. You'll have a blast out there. Just go to Destin and either go to the beach, or go to a bar near the beach. You pretty much can't go wrong with that formula. McGuire's has great steaks and burgers, Donut Hole is (IMHO) the best breakfast spot around, and there's Taco Tuesdays at Tijuana Flats.
Nice. I've visited there before over weekends when I was at Maxwell, so I know about Crab Island and that sort of thing. I hear the housing market is still shitty there, so I'm looking to take advantage of that if I can. Do you have any suggestions on one place to live over others?

I couldn't tell you anything about that. I was only there for the Schoolhouse, so I was in barracks.

Hey man, I am stationed at Hurlburt and live in the Shalimar area(right by Eglin). I have lived in Fort Walton Beach and now Shalimar. Drop me a pm if you have any questions, I can certainly help you out with your living situation my friend. Whatever you do, try avoiding Navarre for your initial living situation

Try looking away from the ocean; Crestview is a 20-30 min drive, but worth it price-wise.

I've looked on line at a few places up there. The market looks fantastic right now.

Hey man, I am stationed at Hurlburt and live in the Shalimar area(right by Eglin). I have lived in Fort Walton Beach and now Shalimar. Drop me a pm if you have any questions, I can certainly help you out with your living situation my friend. Whatever you do, try avoiding Navarre for your initial living situation

PM Sent. Our 1st Shirt recommended Shalimar. Said it was one of the best kept secrets there.

I've looked on line at a few places up there. The market looks fantastic right now.

If you're looking at Crestview try to stay south of I-10. Highway 85 is the only main north/south route through town and gets bogged down in the afternoon/evening as you approach I-10 from the south. There are new-ish neighborhoods off of Antioch and PJ Adams to the west of highway 85 and Live Oak Church to the east. The commute from Crestview is long mileage-wise, but most of the drive is 65mph+ and takes about 35 minutes in the morning and 45 in the evening.

Back