I'm lost. Quick help please.

Search

Unverified
I knew little about the organization of everything under SOCOM and decided tonight to educate myself as I find it something to know. Notice: I've searched. Either it's never been discussed or I typed the wrong term.

Army specifically:

I understand there are five "groups". Being non-Mil I my terms are nowhere to be found. Rangers, SF, 160th, etc.

The rangers I understand very well. It's broken down into, smaller groups..

The SF is the one I don't understand.

What is an ODA? I hear about them a lot but I'm not sure what it means. Acronym aside.

Using THIS website I can see the the SF are broken down into groups. 1st to 20th.

I'm not an airsofter, nor do I get a boner from hearing Delta, but where does 1st SOFD-D fit in? A part of one of these groups or are they apart from SF all together?

I've never heard of 1st SOFD-A or well anything but D so is there anything else out there?

I'm in LE but am interested in Military Ops obviously. Personal circumstances hold me from finding out further :(

If there is a website or thread I missed point me there and I'll apologize for a possible useless thread.

EverSoLost

Clerk for Cool guys
SOF Support
Before you enter the discussion group for this site you can find all the information you're looking for. So on the Main SS there is a seperate page for each of the aforementioned Units.

Search

Unverified
After another trip to Wikipedia I think I've figured it out.

US Army Special Forces has 5 active groups and 2 National Guard groups.

Each group a certain number of ODAs. Which are the direct action force.

Then ODBs and ODCs. I understand that.

Now to go figure out the main difference in SF and Rangers. Which I won't ask.

website shed a little light:)

And Here is another one :)

Search

Unverified
I think we can safely remove the word 'possible'....

What I didn't understand was when I read ODA XXX did this or that. I was trying to figure out how that fit in with the SF.

It was after the thread that I read somewhere by accident about OD(A - C).

A quick look back into Wikipedia at something I overlooked and I figured it out.

You'll have to forgive me. I didn't come here entirely for the Mil aspect.

However, all this has made me regret not joining when I was younger :(