Indo Mil cuts Ties with Australia

CQB

Australian SOF
Verified SOF
The Indonesian state is built on the 5 pillars of Pancasila, which are the cornerstone of the constitution. (Google it). A Kopassus officer, in Perth for cross training walks into a lecture & sees something to the effect of "Pancas Gila" which roughly translates to 'crazy Indonesians.' There is suggestion that there was talk by the lecturer regarding the status of Irian Jaya (West Papua). (Google that as well).
So to get it in perspective, some lieutenant with language skills thought he'd be a fun guy & another SF guy from a foreign entity spat the dummy.
The General in question took it upon himself to act without consultation to the Indonesian government, which is unusual. He also, for good measure raised the question of Marines posted near Darwin. fun times!

Indonesia puts military ties on ice over 'insulting' West Papua posters

Indo General cuts military ties with Australia, then Indo Defence Minister cuts some military ties, then someone else in the chain reduces the cut int ties to non participation in a certain language course, then the General who originally orchestrated the cut in ties is identified as being a full on nuff nuff who is going to sort out potential Chinese refugees by dumping cattle into the sea to attract sharks and then use small arms to sink refugee boats so the sharks eat them.

It's a shit show.

Why you guys are playing nice with the Indo military is still to this day beyond me. I've seen them at work, it aint pretty and West Papua isn't some BS liberal feel good campaign. It's pretty much genocide yet neither of our nations are doing anything about it, I guess nobody wants to piss off Freeport.

I recall a SASR bloke saying to us that it was handy to keep tabs on them. We also had a few wins during early days of Timor with guys like Jim Molan using relationships cultivated over two decades of working with them to circumvent dicey situations.
Still, the day that we all sack up and tip the fuckers out of West Papua, will see a stampede of old and bold to Defence Recruiting, wanting in on the action.

Last edited:
Back