Info on grandpa

coolusername

Unverified
I tried to get a answer on this but can't seem to find one here. He was in Vietnam and was a SF medic and he passed away in 2017. And he never talked about his service and I googled him and found out he was in Buk Nam (think it's spelled correctly but not entirely sure). Anyone have any information about him? If allowed and you are in a capacity to find out, I will pm you his name, I would love to find out more, he was a hero to me.

Some of the ancient silver backs should come on to help; but at first blush, reach out to the Special Forces Association. I know they have helped others in this situation (they helped me out some).

Well, I was thinking @x SF med .... interesting that hit a nerve with you. Very interesting.

Well...One would think, based on the above, that you view Vietnam veterans as "ancient silverbacks."

I mean, if you consider a young man like @x SF med "ancient," then WTF are we? Maybe I should be digging my grave in the backyard right now...

Well...One would think, based on the above, that you view Vietnam veterans as "ancient silverbacks."

I mean, if you consider a young man like @x SF med "ancient," then WTF are we? Maybe I should be digging my grave in the backyard right now...

I know, I know....

In all seriousness, I was actually just giving that some thought. That was a long fucking war. We had Americans in country for 20 years. Age span of Vietnam veterans is incredible. You are on one end of the spectrum, having been there in the seventies. Another Vietnam veteran might be...mid to late 80s now.

I know, I know....

In all seriousness, I was actually just giving that some thought. That was a long fucking war. We had Americans in country for 20 years. Age span of Vietnam veterans is incredible. You are on one end of the spectrum, having been there in the seventies. Another Vietnam veteran might be...mid to late 80s now.
It's no different from now. There are kids serving and fighting in the exact same areas their parents did with the GWOT kicked off in 2001.

I know, I know....

Point is, "ancient" is relative. I was at the American Legion yesterday drinking beer with a 94-year-old 82nd AB WW2 veteran who's jokes were funnier than half the shit I see on Shadowspear... :ROFLMAO:

I know, I know....

Nam in 67-68...Pop is 83 now...Korea in 52'...there's gonna be some head scratching on this one

Back