Intel Branch's 50th Anniversary

For all of you to celebrate the awesomeness which is Army intel:

https://www.ikn.army.mil/apps/mi_comm/
Mara I can't make the link work/ forty six years ago I was getting intel from then I now understand why it was wrong they were new to the job.
I spent a lot of time in fighting positions on the perimeter waiting for imminent attacks that never came. On patrol we were told to expect contact guaranteeing a quiet day.
Just poking fun Big one.

From the link

THE TRADITION CONTINUES

THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE MILITARY INTELLIGENCE BRANCH

AND

THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE MILITARY INTELLIGENCE CORPS

In 2012, the Army Intelligence community commemorates two very important milestones in its history. Fifty years ago, on July 1, 1962, the Army established the Intelligence and Security Branch as a basic branch, encompassing for the first time both active and reserve component intelligence professionals. This was the culmination of a decades-long, hard fought battle to recognize MI personnel as a professional force within the Army. Five years later, on July 1, 1967, the Intelligence and Security Branch was renamed the Military Intelligence Branch. On the 25th anniversary of the creation of the branch, July 1, 1987, MI became part of the Army’s Regimental System with the activation of the Military Intelligence Corps. During the commemoration of these two milestones, we also have an opportunity to celebrate the part Military Intelligence has played in the 238 years of Army history. It is a history not without challenges and disappointments, but also filled with incredible success and contributions. It is the story of a determined group of professionals who paved the way for the prestige the MI community enjoys today.

To make the 2012 Commemoration a success, we encourage all MI Soldiers, Officers, and Civilians, both past and present, to get involved. Contact your historians at the US Army Intelligence Center of Excellence (USAICoE) or the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) today to find out how you can help. They can be reached at usarmy.huachuca.icoe.mbx.mibranch50th@mail.mil, (520) 533-4113 (USAICoE) or (703) 706-1630 (INSCOM). Check back often to see products as they become available and updates to the schedule of events.

Back