Interested in SF, Feedback Appreciated

enh3

Unverified
I am a Marine Reservist about to drop to the IRR who has been working in the Maintenance field and is simply not satisfied with it. I desire to go to a special operations field and push myself to the greatest of limits. This being said, when I drop to the IRR next month, I am planning on going to the Army recruiter and telling him to put me in with an 18x contract ASAP.

I am 24 years old, have a college degree, and I am an E-4 in the Marines. I am in excellent physical condition and have a strong desire to "see" much the world and experience many different cultures.

Any advice and/or comments from hard chargers out there?

Take some Spanish classes and take the Spanish DLPT so that you will already have a language rating. This will front-load you toward 7th Group.

Long live the Red Empire!:D

"I have NEVER heard any Marine refer to himself by his paygrade."

Maybe, because he was inquiring about Army stuff, he was translating into Army-speak?
Thus displaying adaptability?

Maj. Joe Martin (actually he's now Lt.Col) Joe Martin and MSgt. Rex Dodson have published a very popular book called "Get Selected for Special Forces". It's a detailed "how to" manual that should prove very helpful. You can order it through the Special Operations Warrior Foundation website at www.specialops.org.

Take some Spanish classes and take the Spanish DLPT so that you will already have a language rating. This will front-load you toward 7th Group.

Long live the Red Empire!:D

Would a German language rating push you toward 10th Group? I wonder if some groups are more sought after than others.

Make sure you get your feet in shape, as well as your shoulders. I wouldn't carry anything heavier than 55lbs while training up for SFAS.

X2. Overtraining is easy to do when rucking if you use extremely heavy loads.

As JJOIFVET said, take care of your feet and they'll take care of you. Keep 'em powdered, keep 'em dry. Keep your toenails clipped too, that will lessen the risk of ingrown toenails.

Back