Intro - Cgeyser93

cgeyser93

Unverified
Hello all,

I'm Cgeyser93 and I'll start with a little about myself.

I'm 19 years old from northern California, and I am currently in the DEP for the U.S. Army. I am classed for a 35M slot and I leave for BCT this winter.

I've been reading this website (among others) for the past 5-6 months and have absorbed a great wealth of information, however I am always reading something. I thought it was past time I make an introduction here.

I am very interested in special operations and was initially going to enlist into the U.S. Army as an 11x Option 40 contract, however I lost my confidence when I compared my PT scores with others going into the same field, and had qualified for 35M which was something that really caught my attention when I delved more into what the MOS actually was.

I have a lot of 35M related questions, so if anyone is/was a 35M or just has some general advice I would greatly appreciate it! I have read almost every thread related to the subject, but being able to have contact with someone who has been there would be great!

I'm not sure what my opportunities will be once I am in the Army, but Special Forces, WOCS, as well as civilian/contractor jobs are all things I understand might be available to me so I'm looking forward to my new career.

Sorry for the speech

Thanks everyone!

Just a quick update for anyone interested:

I'm shipping out to BCT in less than two weeks, I'll most likely post any updates (as they become available) in this thread as a chronicle that will maybe answer some other Future Soldier's questions.

Everything still going according to plan (so far).

Just a quick update for anyone interested:

I'm shipping out to BCT in less than two weeks, I'll most likely post any updates (as they become available) in this thread as a chronicle that will maybe answer some other Future Soldier's questions.

Everything still going according to plan (so far).

You won't have time or access to post once you hit BCT. Maybe in Language and AIT, but focus on your goals, learning and achieving your goals.

Back