Intro of Jiffy

Jiffy

Unverified
Alright gents. I'm new here and somehow found this site through google when I was googling SFAS for more hints and tips since I'm not back at garrison with a recruiter to talk to. I'm currently Enlisted in the Army and have been for 2 years and some change. I'm an 11B in 10th Mountain and trying to work my way into the SF community. When I was a kid, I've always wanted to be one of the guys "in the shit" and still strive to find a better way to serve my country to protect the people I love. Only reason I came in as an 11B was because I wasn't old enough to qualify for an 18X contract. I assumed since 18Xs go through Infantry school that I might as well go. There had to be a reason why they sent them there, right? So I went as an 11B with no opt 40 or anything and here I am today. Thanks for reading my story gents.

Welcome, so what path do you want to take now?
To be honest man, I am interested in putting in the work to become an 18B. I'm told you don't really get a choice and I am fine for that. I mean I came in as an 11X with the possibility of being an 11C or 11B (Happily I ended up an 11B). Really I'm trying to focus on one thing at a time; getting selected. Then we'll see where I can go from there, haha.

Back