Intro Redux

chimbaktu

Unverified
With the go ahead from Freefalling, here is a second introduction that hopefully reflects me pulling my head of out of my ass.

Before I tell you about why I want to be here, I’d like to apologize to the members of this board and the moderating/admin staff for my previous posts. I acted very childishly and shamefully, and that is not how I want to represent myself. My posts were full of arrogance and reeked of immaturity, and I neglected to heed the words of the members whom I wish to seek the advice of. I’m sorry for my momentary stupidity; I promise to not let it happen again. I will follow closely the best advice of all: read more, post less.

I want to be here because I’m hoping to sign an 18x contract soon and I’m mining as many professionals’ thoughts as I can for as much information as possible about it. This website is a great resource for aspiring wannabes like myself, and I will continue reading everything about the Army and Special Forces that I can pull up. You’ve already helped me tremendously with the extremely informative stickies and other threads concerning training, selection, qualification, and motivation. You’ve also helped me by putting me in my place. I hope you’ll give me a chance to be your student and learn from the collective wisdom of true professionals.

Welcome round two.

Ditto and funny funny small small world shit, one day on a 10k ruckmarch at SFAS/Q, someone may very well walk up to you [from this site], and say, 'Ah, so you're the infamous Chimbaktu, eh'?

Small small world.

Welcome back C.

Ditto and funny funny small small world shit, one day on a 10k ruckmarch at SFAS/Q, someone may very well walk up to you [from this site], and say, 'Ah, so you're the infamous Chimbaktu, eh'?

Small small world.

Welcome back C.
And on that day you will throw up in your mouth.

Welcome (again). Have fun. :D

Welcome back, nice re-intro, I look forward to you being a long-term member of this site and hearing about your successes along the road to achieving your goals.

Nice recovery. I hope the scars from your last foray into seeking advice are not noticeable. BTW, chicks dig scars. Please heed RB's advice - you are seeking entry into a fairly small community that is very tightly knit and the coconut telegraph is set up for 300 gigabit burst transmissions, you cannot outrun that kind of commo.

Thank you for allowing me the chance to redeem myself and the warm welcome. I very much appreciate the opportunity to learn from the best and won’t take it for granted again.

RB, amlove21, Firemedic, and x SF med, how close the SF and other SOF communities are is one of the reasons I can’t wait to get to selection and prove that I belong there. If somebody recognizes me, then I would much rather taste vomit than have it come out of the other end ;). I will work hard to demonstrate strong character here long before I get there.

Nice recovery. I hope the scars from your last foray into seeking advice are not noticeable. BTW, chicks dig scars. Please heed RB's advice - you are seeking entry into a fairly small community that is very tightly knit and the coconut telegraph is set up for 300 gigabit burst transmissions, you cannot outrun that kind of commo.
It’s a nice scar to add to my growing collection. Scars are good lessons to carry with me as reminders of what not to do.

With that in mind, I’m off to ruck and learn land nav.

Back