Intro

Brian Asbury

Verified Military
Greetings.

I am a former Sgt of Marines, 0481. Two combat tours (the first two of Iraq) with I MEF. Currently a civilian, I am looking to return to the military. I am very interested in becoming an SF operator. I am torn between going back to the USMC and trying out for MARSOC, or going CCT. I earned my B.S. while a civilian, my minor being ATC, so the idea of being an SF-ATC-radio jock is appealing. Also leaves me a follow on career.

However, I love the comrade of the Corps. There is a uniqueness Marines have among each other that the other branches don't seem to have (not taking a jab, just my observation). I would likely pursue the sniper specialty, another fascination of mine. I had a FSgt once who was a Scout Sniper and he definitely had some amazing stories. My concern is with A&S. I'm in my late 20's and with A&S being rather selective, plus secretive on the event themselves, I worry about getting selected to begin with. I get the impression (maybe i'm wrong) that the CCT pipeline would be a little bit easier (not easy, just easier), possibly increasing my chances of success.

Thoughts/advice?

Welcome aboard Marine.

I have never seen it typed FSgt either.

Semper Fidelis & good luck in your goals.

Greetings.

I am a former Sgt of Marines, 0481. Two combat tours (the first two of Iraq) with I MEF. Currently a civilian, I am looking to return to the military. I am very interested in becoming an SF operator. I am torn between going back to the USMC and trying out for MARSOC, or going CCT. I earned my B.S. while a civilian, my minor being ATC, so the idea of being an SF-ATC-radio jock is appealing. Also leaves me a follow on career.

However, I love the comrade of the Corps. There is a uniqueness Marines have among each other that the other branches don't seem to have (not taking a jab, just my observation). I would likely pursue the sniper specialty, another fascination of mine. I had a FSgt once who was a Scout Sniper and he definitely had some amazing stories. My concern is with A&S. I'm in my late 20's and with A&S being rather selective, plus secretive on the event themselves, I worry about getting selected to begin with. I get the impression (maybe i'm wrong) that the CCT pipeline would be a little bit easier (not easy, just easier), possibly increasing my chances of success.

Thoughts/advice?

Welcome.

Question for ya...

How old are you?

The "follow on career", is that as a civilian Air Traffic Controller??

Back