Intro

Coyote

Verified Military
Verified Military
Hey there, I was born as a dual US/Canadian citizen and am planning to enlist in either the US Army or Canadian Army within the next couple of years to become an infantry soldier and hopefully later on become airborne. Cheers.

Welcome. I'm sure you'll get lots of info on here to guide you in the right direction. If you plan on joining the CF, even as an Infantryman; plan on a long wait. There is quite the wait list and with "downsizing" imminent... Unless you do something to make yourself stand out, ie. education, experience, etc. I suggest you go down to a local Reserve Regiment and talk with them, perhaps being a "weekend warrior" for a while will let you know if it's what you want. Plus it'll give you some help when you make the big decision, for either side of the border; prior service looks good.

Welcome. I'm sure you'll get lots of info on here to guide you in the right direction. If you plan on joining the CF, even as an Infantryman; plan on a long wait. There is quite the wait list and with "downsizing" imminent... Unless you do something to make yourself stand out, ie. education, experience, etc. I suggest you go down to a local Reserve Regiment and talk with them, perhaps being a "weekend warrior" for a while will let you know if it's what you want. Plus it'll give you some help when you make the big decision, for either side of the border; prior service looks good.

OR
You can join the American Army ;)

I'm doing a co-op program this year in my school for senior year, basically what I do is go to Meaford for a semester and do my BMQ and SQ (reserves) and make $350 a week while I get the credits I need to graduate, not a bad bargain in my opinion. I have an option to keep a job with the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry Reserves after completion which I probably will do. Mind if I PM you about some questions and stuff?

Send me any questions you have, I'll answer them if I can and if not, try to point you in the right direction. Sounds like you're on the right path and that sounds like a cool program; wish they had something like that when I was in school.

Back