Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKkeith

Killin It
Verified Military
Hello everyone. I'm in the Marine Corps. Been in for over 2 years and am picking up Corporal here Oct. 1. I am currently stationed in Washington. My primary is 0341 Infantry Mortarman but for the moment stuck doing security forces. I have filled out my packet to goto MarSOC A&S. Im here to connect with other MarSOC operators and just soak up all the info I can about pre A&S, ITC and life in that community. Im also happily married for 2 years so Im looking for any married guys over there to share how it is with a family.

Welcome Marine. Just out of curiosity, why not try a pump as an 03 first before you decide whether or not MARSOC is something you truly want to do?

What's goin' on man? Hope things work out for you with Selection. I'm not a Marine, so I can't speak on that aspect, but I can respond to your other statement. Being married in SOF is difficult. You appear to be a young guy, so I'm assuming your wife is young too. Just make sure that you guys know what you're getting into, and that it's something you both want to take part in.

Thank you all. But yes I'm pretty young just turned 20 and my wife is as well. It obviously is a huge decision we made for me to even try for A&S because of the dramatic life style change. She is in school studying mechanical engineering so while I'm in she'd be finishing her degrees and starting her competitive carrer. Luckily she isn't the super clingy dependent wife and can handle herself while I'm gone and we can both get soild starts on our careers. As for Fox1371 question, I joined the Corps for all the classes/ courses and training and MarSOCs ITC offers just about all of those in the one sitting. I plan on making security contracting my career and this would give me the most solid referral I could have.

Thank you all. But yes I'm pretty young just turned 20 and my wife is as well. It obviously is a huge decision we made for me to even try for A&S because of the dramatic life style change. She is in school studying mechanical engineering so while I'm in she'd be finishing her degrees and starting her competitive carrer. Luckily she isn't the super clingy dependent wife and can handle herself while I'm gone and we can both get soild starts on our careers. As for Fox1371 question, I joined the Corps for all the classes/ courses and training and MarSOCs ITC offers just about all of those in the one sitting. I plan on making security contracting my career and this would give me the most solid referral I could have.

Just don't put that last part in your essay about why you want to be MARSOC at A and S. Oh and welcome

What's goin' on man? Hope things work out for you with Selection. I'm not a Marine, so I can't speak on that aspect, but I can respond to your other statement. Being married in SOF is difficult. You appear to be a young guy, so I'm assuming your wife is young too. Just make sure that you guys know what you're getting into, and that it's something you both want to take part in.
I couldn't agree more, none of my ex's liked the time I spent serving with SOF.

Welcome to SS. Thank you for your service and good luck with your plans.

Roger that Cback. And yeah the weathers great compared to what I'm used to back in AK.

I'm wasn't in MARSOC so I can't really tell you what it will be like while you're married. Sounds like you're following what you want to do though so good on you. In regards to you wanting to do security contracting as a career, yes MARSOC will be a solid background to get into this world, however the Intelligence field is honestly the best/highest paying way to go in regards to contracting. The job market for the most part is over saturated with "shooters." The majority of the security gigs are only paying about 50-80% of what the average intel guy would make. Just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back