Intro

Powder

Verified Military
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Gentlemen,
My name is Andrew. I am currently enlisted in the United States Army. My MOS is 35M, Human Intelligence Collector, and it's not bad but not what i want to do for ever. I am currently with 3rd Bde, 1st ID. My long term goal is either 18B or 18D. I would also like to attend sniper school and that brings me to my first question ever on this site. Can anyone tell me what the best 18 series MOS is to get a slot in SF sniper school? Please and thank you. I am very pleased to join everyone on this site and I look forward to speaking with everyone soon.

Welcome to the site, glad to have another intel professional on board.

There's a thread that one of the admins started concerning the "25m target," it might be good to take a look at that thread and focus on getting into SF before you start worrying what you're going to do once you get there. There are also some good threads on SFAS and maybe even the SFQC.

There's a thread that one of the admins started concerning the "25m target," it might be good to take a look at that thread and focus on getting into SF before you start worrying what you're going to do once you get there. There are also some good threads on SFAS and maybe even the SFQC.

Welcome to ShadowSpear, Thank You for your service and I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goal. However with that said; I concur with Mara's statement. You have a substantial number of entry level challenges to overcome before the thought of advanced skills training should even be a dim glow in the back of your mind.

Welcome to SS! As for the best choice in an 18x Mos, I'd have to say the 18D SF Medical Sgt., would be a good one as it could lead to other jobs in civilian life. Of course, it is one of the hardest and longest ones to get.

I know from time to time the CIA looks for Retired or discharged 18D's to work in various areas. I was an 18C – Special Forces Engineer Sergeant.

Welcome to ShadowSpear, Thank You for your service and I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goal. However with that said; I concur with Mara's statement. You have a substantial number of entry level challenges to overcome before the thought of advanced skills training should even be a dim glow in the back of your mind.

x1*10^100 for both of these posts.

Welcome to SS. Thank you for your service. There is much to learn as you probably know by now. This is the place to be, with much to read. Best of luck.

RF 1

Back