Intro.

Jose Rodriguez

Unverified
First, i'd like to apologize for not introducing myself before posting.

My name is Jose, I am 18 years old and live in the sunny island of Puerto Rico. Soon in about 6-7 months i'll be leaving to the US to attend college. All my life I have always felt a connection to the military despite my family not liking the idea of me enlisting. So.. I'm leaving to college soon, have to finish 4 years of business school before signing any contract. From now till then I'm researching and weighing down the options of what each branch can bring to the table. Quite a long-shot, but as my profile says, my main aspiration is to become an SOF Operator. I've been looking into the Navy and Air-Force mainly but again, as times change it can all vary. And I certainly hope it does from all the information and knowledge ill be able to receive from the people in this website.

From time to time, you'll see me posting questions and try to learn about the different branches' units and capabilities and see which attracts me the most.

I never knew a site like this existed, and am extremely happy to have found it.

Thank you for accepting me,

Jose.

Welcome

While you're in school, look into acquiring another language. Your English is good, I'm assuming you grew up with Spanish, so adding another language will make you a much more desirable candidate in the military world or in the business world. Think of it as what you can bring to the table for SOF rather than the other way around. Oh, and referring to people in the SOF world as "operators" is not generally an acceptable term.

As for what language, do some research on this board and you'll find examples of "popular" languages to look into.

LL

Welcome

While you're in school, look into acquiring another language. Your English is good, I'm assuming you grew up with Spanish, so adding another language will make you a much more desirable candidate in the military world or in the business world. Think of it as what you can bring to the table for SOF rather than the other way around. Oh, and referring to people in the SOF world as "operators" is not generally an acceptable term.

As for what language, do some research on this board and you'll find examples of "popular" languages to look into.

LL

LL thanks for your input. And especially for that little detail concerning the intricacies of the "operator" term. I will definitely look into another language and search the boards.

Thanks.

Back