Intro

gunfighters

Marine
Verified Military
My name is Max, I am a former 0311 in the Marines and i am now trying to become a part of the private security / contracting society as a long range defensive marksman. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ah. There is a part of the User Profile where you can input what you want for a sig line. It will then be a part of every post you make. I am unsure if that feature is available for "Unverified" members, but shooting a copy of your DD-214 to the site Admins will get you verified and then you can have that feature.

i wish i could, i don't have a scanner though. im just waiting till i have to time to get to a pc that i can scan and email my DD-214 to myself so i can be verified... i hate being doubted about stuff like this.

It's not that any of us here doubt you. However, verification is still a necessary step in the process. This site, and others like it, have been burned before by people claiming to be things that they were not. Being verified also lends more credibility to your posts, as everyone can see right away that you have served and are not some self-proclaimed expert with no experience to back it up. It will save us time searching for your background, and save you the hassle of constantly having to answer questions about your service.

As far as the no scanner situation goes, I believe an e-mail from a .mil address also suffices. There is a tab at the top of the page labeled "Vetting" that will have more info on the process.

Back