Intro

Isaac

Unverified
Hello Everyone, I am new to this site. I have been "lurking" for a little while, and finally decided to join. I am a high school senior from Tucson Arizona. I saw this site on SOFREP.com and immediately became interested in joining and trying to get a mentor to help get prepared for SF, and tell me straight up if he thinks it is not the thing for me. Thanks for all you guys do on this site, and all you do in service for your country.

Hello Everyone, I am new to this site. I have been "lurking" for a little while, and finally decided to join. I am a high school senior from Tucson Arizona. I saw this site on SOFREP.com and immediately became interested in joining and trying to get a mentor to help get prepared for SF, and tell me straight up if he thinks it is not the thing for me. Thanks for all you guys do on this site, and all you do in service for your country.

Welcome to the site. Are you going into your Sr. year or did you just graduate?
Vis a vis the bold, I think you're the only who can answer that question.

Welcome to SS. If you need a mentor to tell you if SF is for you, then it probably isn't. Being a member of the Special Ops community is not a job it is a calling. If you're not willing to gladly bear the burden of sacrifice and eagerly endure the pain that becoming a member of our Brotherhood will entail then spare yourself the time, effort, suffering, grief, joy, satisfaction and fullfillment this life path will bring you.

Welcome to the site. Are you going into your Sr. year or did you just graduate?
Vis a vis the bold, I think you're the only who can answer that question.
To answer the first question: I am going in to my senior year after this summer.

You and Warchief are completely correct: I am the only one who can answer that question. I do not need anyone to answer that question for me. The doubt is not in my conviction, the doubt is in it being the right choice for my life. The reason there is any doubt is this: I have grown up in a pretty privileged habitat, and there are many people who would say that my decision to go into the military period, special forces even the more is foolish. There are those who would convince me to "rise to my full potential", which they believe is becoming some sort of millionaire- having a nice house, being happily married, having a good job, etc.

But I would say no. There is no greater rise to potential than becoming part of the brotherhood of special forces, bearing the burdens, and living a life of sacrifice. That, to me is making more difference in the world than could ever be made elsewhere. The accolades associated with the "other" life do not attract me. I am willing endure the suffering, the suck, the time, and the effort to gain the satisfaction that few will ever experience. In the recent weeks I have come to terms with all of this and genuinely made the decision within my mind. I don't care what those around me say, I believe that SF is the highest calling, and it is what I was made to do. Don't tell me I shouldn't or I can't, because I should, and I most definitely can.

I know that was a long post, but now I have explained myself.

To answer the first question: I am going in to my senior year after this summer.

You and Warchief are completely correct: I am the only one who can answer that question. I do not need anyone to answer that question for me. The doubt is not in my conviction, the doubt is in it being the right choice for my life. The reason there is any doubt is this: I have grown up in a pretty privileged habitat, and there are many people who would say that my decision to go into the military period, Special Forces even the more is foolish. There are those who would convince me to "rise to my full potential", which they believe is becoming some sort of millionaire- having a nice house, being happily married, having a good job, etc.

But I would say no. There is no greater rise to potential than becoming part of the brotherhood of Special Forces, bearing the burdens, and living a life of sacrifice. That, to me is making more difference in the world than could ever be made elsewhere. The accolades associated with the "other" life do not attract me. I am willing endure the suffering, the suck, the time, and the effort to gain the satisfaction that few will ever experience. In the recent weeks I have come to terms with all of this and genuinely made the decision within my mind. I don't care what those around me say, I believe that SF is the highest calling, and it is what I was made to do. Don't tell me I shouldn't or I can't, because I should, and I most definitely can.

I know that was a long post, but now I have explained myself.

Good stuff and welcome to the site!

go do more PT now!

Back