Intro

o2bird

Unverified
Hello, my name is Kris. I've been lurking for about six months on the board, figured it's time I posted an intro. I'm 31 and have been a mechanic for my local Fire Dept. for the last 8 years. I hope to earn a REP 63 in the future so i can continue my current job which I love. I've been pretty comfortable with my life the past few years, but lately i have been regretting not serving when i was younger. I've got an uphill battle ahead of me. I've lost about 30 pounds in the past few months, but need to lose about 60-70 more before i start the process of trying to get a contract. I'm sure it will be a year or two minimum before i am physically ready for SFAS. I'm going to take it one bite at a time and focus on my 10 and 25 meter targets. I guess there's nothing else to say at the moment except it's all on me now to step up.

I've got an uphill battle ahead of me. I've lost about 30 pounds in the past few months, but need to lose about 60-70 more before i start the process of trying to get a contract.
Check out the zone diet. Make sure you calculate it off of your lean body mass and stick with good carbs and healthy fats. You'll lose weight super fast and maintain a good amount of muscle mass in the process- as long as you mind your rest and sleep well, you'll stay healthy as well.

Good luck.

Attachments

• CFJ 21 (May 04).pdf
    570.4 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Etype, thanks for the advice. I've been researching the zone for the last hour and it seems like something I can easily stick with. The biggest hurdle is to avoid the fire stations i go to that try to feed me three or fours times a day in my eight hour shift. :D

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Etype, thanks for the advice. I've been researching the zone for the last hour and it seems like something I can easily stick with. The biggest hurdle is to avoid the fire stations i go to that try to feed me three or fours times a day in my eight hour shift. :D

Ahhh, firehouse food. I understand. :)

F.M.

Back