Intro

Communicators aren't enablers?
A couple of years ago, communicators that went through ARS (Amphibious Reconaissance School) got attached to a team. It was the only way a commo was allowed on a team. So you go through the same training and have the same schooling as everyone else on the team. The only difference is there are various billets or positions on the team ie sniper, commo etc. Since I kept my primary MOS as a 0629 that makes me a commo on the team so that makes things easier since it's the least favored billet on the team. Now since we got the new MOS of 0372 CSO (Critical Skills Operator) and I turned it down, I am now an enabler. To answer you question, yes communicators are now enablers regardless of his training and school.

A couple of years ago, communicators that went through ARS (Amphibious Reconaissance School) got attached to a team. It was the only way a commo was allowed on a team. So you go through the same training and have the same schooling as everyone else on the team. The only difference is there are various billets or positions on the team ie sniper, commo etc. Since I kept my primary MOS as a 0629 that makes me a commo on the team so that makes things easier since it's the least favored billet on the team. Now since we got the new MOS of 0372 CSO (Critical Skills Operator) and I turned it down, I am now an enabler. To answer you question, yes communicators are now enablers regardless of his training and school.

That was very interesting, thank you.

Why did you turn it down?
The reason I turned it down was because I plan on getting out. I don't need a MOS designator to tell me what i did or what I accomplished. Plus, it gives others a chance at promotion with one less guy in the way.

Back