Intro

Atropos

Unverified
To whom it may concern,

My name is William Condit. I am 23, and am currently a Legal assistant at a business immigration firm in Houston, TX. I was nominated for attendance at the United States Military Academy at West Point by Senator's Vitter and Landrieu, and Congressman Boustany, and swore in at the Academy on June 28th, 2010. Due to family complications and personal immaturity, I began receiving poor grades later on in my first semester. On a recommendation from my TAC officer, Major Cremin, I could request an MLOA from the CPD on campus, and have my grades wiped for the first semester. Unfortunately, this also entailed being prescribed antidepressants, and being classified as having 'adjustment disorder'. After beginning the semester the following fall, I elected to leave the Academy and pursue an enlisted special operations career, following in the footsteps of three of my relatives. I left the Academy with no obligation, and was Honorably discharged. I enlisted in the Navy, attained a SO contract with some difficulty, and shipped to basic in August of 2012. Unfortunately, my recruiter at the time (whom I have never named to anyone, I didn't want to ruin his career just because I had agreed to lie.) recommended that I not provide any information pertaining to my 'adjustment disorder'. He was not a career recruiter, and failed to realize that this information was in my military records, and I was not eligible for my contract until a 2 year probationary period had lapsed since my last prescription of antidepressants. I was held in THU at Great Lakes for 1 month, waiting for a waiver. The waiver was denied, and I was given the option to select between Undesignated SN, BM, or refuse to sign for a new contract and receive an Honorable Discharge with an RE1. The legal office notified me that the Navy would assume to blame for the error, as I should not have successfully processed through MEPS in the first place. I decided that i did not want to spend 24 months as an undesignated SN, and was honorably discharged from the Navy in October of 2012. I immediately pursued a special operations contract through the Air Force in November of 2012, and again after complications, the Air Force decided to classify me as 'Previous Service' rather than 'Prior service', which would make it easier for me to attain a contract, with the caveat of making me attend basic training for a third time. I initially pursued a CCT contract on the recommendation of a relative who had recently returned from Afghanistan, and who had seen them in action with his unit. Unfortunately I did not meet the recent TAPAS personality test requirements, and was awarded a TACP contract instead. I am thrilled that I have the opportunity to begin my military career with a clean slate, after 4 years of failed attempts and bad decisions. Please PM me with any further questions, necessary documentation, or evidence of the events as related above.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Respectfully,
William Condit

Welcome aboard! I wish you the very best success in your journey.

Jesus H Christ...

Welcome, and I seriously suggest you consider a career outside of Military service.

Welcome to the site. Your background does have some disturbing trends. TACP is a careerfield that carries a massive amount of responsibility and requires the ability to function independently. You're attached to units or teams, but never a part of them. You are constantly proving yourself. You're Air Force, the guys don't know you, and you didn't go through their training pipeline. So it's a careerfield that requires self-motivation, critical thinking, adaptability, and humility among a lot of other things. You need to be sure that the careerfield and the job are what you really want, and aren't just a continuation of what looks like a desire to be anywhere the "cool guys" are.

Welcome to SS.

There is plenty in your intro to read and process. That said, are you actually on active duty in the USAF, or are you still in the "contract" process? If you are on active duty, have you actually attended, and completed USAF basic training? If you are not yet on active duty, do you have a ship date? The first sentence in your intro says that you are now a legal assistant in an "immigration firm", in Houston, Tx. That tells me, that you are not in active military service at this point. Just a little curious, and trying to get this straight.

Last edited:
Great and honest intro. Keep it up and follow your dreams. Be sure to heed the advices and recommendations they will give in your career path. Wherever it goes - that's meant for you and make the best out of it. Welcome to Shadowspear and good luck.

Welcome and good luck.
You need to focus on one step at a time, get through basic, then the TACP assessment course, then tech school, etc.

I am not currently Active Duty. I am a civilian, working at an immigration firm. I have signed a TACP contract, and I ship out on February 24th. I answered the questions that were requested of me by CDG to the best of my ability(likely with some errors surrounding dates.). Yeah it's a circus, I know 'the trend' looks bad. I'm going to prove you wrong though. Thanks for the welcome, I'll certainly take all the advice I can get.

I am not currently Active Duty. I am a civilian, working at an immigration firm. I have signed a TACP contract, and I ship out on February 24th. I answered the questions that were requested of me by CDG to the best of my ability(likely with some errors surrounding dates.). Yeah it's a circus, I know 'the trend' looks bad. I'm going to prove you wrong though. Thanks for the welcome, I'll certainly take all the advice I can get.

Got it. Thanks for the reply. Best of luck.

Graduate about 28 April?

Roger that. Is there typically a long wait between graduating basic and beginning the assessment/tech school?
Depends.
You'll spend the first week inprocessing to your new squadron, and may go straight into assessment. They try to schedule your basic tng graduation date as close to assessment as possible.

Welcome . . . remember what you did will always be there. Learn from it. Good luck man.

Back