Intro

pnwpatriot

Unverified
Hello everyone,

Ill try and keep this short and sweet. I'm 18 years old and a senior in high school up in Washington state. My dream is to obtain a 11x option 40 contract and be a 75th Ranger. Its been a goal of mine ever since I was 16 and a sophomore in high school. Im still working on a 300+ PFT score and my ASVAB score. Currently I am reading every possible book I can find on the Rangers dating back to the Roger's Rangers time period all the way up to the Rangers fighting in the GWOT. I have always wanted to be a part of the military ever since I was around 11 or 12 years old. A good friend of mine enlisted after high school and is finishing up Airborne School right now, then he heads off to RASP. I know in my heart I want to follow the brave men before me and be a Ranger but I don't know if I should enlist after high school or enlist after I get my degree at a 4 year university. What are the Pros and Cons of enlisting either after high school or after college? Everybody's input is greatly appreciated. Thanks for allowing me on the board.

Mod Edit: There is no need for an intro poll. Your intro asks the question well enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to SS.

As to your question about college: Finish your undergraduate degree first. It will open more doors for you both within, and outside of the military.

Greetings. Best of success to you in your future goals and objectives!

Back