Intro

Nevergiveup1986

Unverified
I recently turned 32 years old and currently have no military experience but to give a bit of back story for context purposes.

I have always been physically fit and never had any injuries, legal problems or drug problems. I was really interested in joining the marines around 19 but chose to pursue my “dreams” at the time and allowed myself to be talked out of it by my parents and friends . But as time changes so do our passions and “dreams” and our desires for true fulfillment of the only life we have on this planet becomes more important.

With all that said, after initially deciding to pursue fire fighting a couple of years ago and getting my emt certification from UCLA I began training to get back into good physical shape and began researching the road to becoming a firefighter. Along that road I learned that most fire depts give preference to people with prior military service and that is where I was lead back to my initial interest in the military, however now I want to become a SARC which I’ve discovered after tons and tons of research online is a part of the SF community.

I want to become a SARC because not only are they bad ass but also their purpose Is to save lives. I want to save lives in intense situations and make sure the people fighting for our freedom are able to come home and enjoy a piece of what they fight for. I want to challenge myself and test my limits. I want to show that 30 is not too old to achieve great things, change paths or give something meaningful to the world. I want to become a proficient war fighter and amazing medical expert under any conditions. I’ve already begun my journey by working with a recruiter and am in the process of getting a neck tattoo removed in order to enlist in the next 6 to 9 months and wanted to be a part of this community to learn as much as I can of what to expect and get the best knowledge on different possibilities within the SF community.

To all who have served Thankyou for your service!! Also to all those that like me, hope to become part of that elite community of great men and women Thankyou for your support and commitment!

Also my father was in the army infantry, my uncles are all navy men, and two of my cousins were also navy corpsmen so it is definitely in my blood.

Back