Intro

LordAraho

Unverified
Hello everyone,

TL;DR: Currently a university student looking at different opportunities in the fields of special operations and military intelligence, hoping to learn more about the recruitment processes and pipelines from those who know what they're talking about.

My Story
I'm currently a university student about halfway through my degree program, majoring in International Relations with a minor in Geographic Information Science (specializing in cartography and remote sensing). I used to be a non-scholarship cadet in AFROTC - with plans to commission as a STO - before being denied a DoDMERB DQ waiver, which really kind of sucked. Yet this setback inadvertently turned me on the path of intelligence agencies and Federal LE agencies.

I have been lucky enough to work for my local police departments in various capacities, and have secured an operations internship with a certain federal law enforcement agency for the summer of 2021. I have also begun to build a network of contacts in the "alphabet" agencies through our university alumni association and family friends. I'm am also currently learning two languages - Russian and German - and I have both lived and studied in Europe.

A little under a year ago, my former AFROTC detachment commander referred me to our local USMC OSO, and he walked me through both PLC and OCS. I've also been contacted by both Navy and Army recruiters. I have done a good deal of research on the opportunities all three services offer, and I have also been looking at the possible application of my GIS skills in the new USSF.

Ultimately though, I want more information on special operations and military intelligence than what is readily available on the internet. That is why I am here.

DM me if you'd like more details on my experience with DoDMERB.

//LordAraho//

Back