INTRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Am_Nate

Nate
Unverified
Hey everyone new to the site stationed at MBW been here 2 years hated every minute of it and you could only understand it if you've been or are stationed here same as you can not know combat till you've been there. Joined the site because I need feedback on whether or not MARSOC is a wise career/life choice I know what I want I want to be the best but I also want to be HAPPY and that means a slash in bulls**t I mean blue light special type slashing. I've been miserable every since I came to 8th and I i was miserable in ITB and boot just sucked for everyone. As i stands I am just another cow in the heard of livestock and livestock are fu**ing dumb!! This is how I feel about the majority of my peers and leadership and from what I hear and know to be part of a grunt unit is to continue being part of the heard. I consider myself a wolf and want to know if thats true. MARSOC or NO!? Been working on this decision for at least 6 months now and not by myself need some input from those who know/are willing.

I'm glad you find your commrades to be "fucking dumb livestock"

MARSOC may not be a fit for you.

Marines will be along shortly to address your attitude towards your fellow Marines.

Like I said not all but there are those. I've lived with and studied these individuals for two years i'm sure they have there opinions of me but like I said you can never understand my outlook till you've been here and witnessed what we have. Another thing you know me not at all nor the situation. Im only looking for feedback from Marines who consider themselves to be individuals better than the rest and know it (MARSOC Operators spec op community gentlemen) If you are not aiding in a constructive manner towards trying to help myself better understand more about all the aspects of the special forces community and therein the lifestyle I am considering committing to then I don't need your help, or any moronic banter about attitudes. I see truth in a corrupt system and do not want to be apart of it. This is what makes America the greatest country on earth my desire to be better than the rest (Remember our four-fathers?) Im sure someone if not all of England something similar if not exactly the same as which you just replied to me and look at the outcome of all of that. Stupid stuck in their ways conventionalists who wanted to oppress a people to their beliefs and ways of doing things were made a fool of by free thinkers and a desire to live a better life....Ideas will always live eternal and as long as there are men who believe in them it is us who will live eternal and you who will fade into the pages of history as being insignificant. This is for me. Not you, I could care less about your negativity.

On another note know that I know nothing of the FMF i speak for only the world in which I live and base my word off of discussions I have had with been there done that individuals and personal experience. If I have offended anyone I apologize as I do not know you, nor mean to offend you. These are simply fears. Fears I have of what I do not know.

Alright, let's refrain from the dog piling and move on. Take it to VM or PM if you would like to have it out with him.

Nate-
I'm not a Marine - I was just a Special Forces Weapons Sergeant and Special Forces Medic ... The way you addressed a retired SGM and a former member of the 82nd does not shed a very bright light on the Corps, nor on yourself. All military people get tough postings - your first just happened to be your first... suck it up, quit whining ad making an ass of yourself and drive on - if you want to be a Marine, be a Marine - if you have the stones, put in your MARSOC package and see if you have everything it takes to get through Selection/Indoc and move out from there.

Frustration with your situation should not set out bad vibes for the Corps - there are many young people that come here looking for advice about joining the military, posts like yours may turn good candidates away from the Corps.

Welcome. Drive on.

Boon, this was in process as you posted your comment above.

Like I said not all but there are those. I've lived with and studied these individuals for two years i'm sure they have there opinions of me but like I said you can never understand my outlook till you've been here and witnessed what we have. Another thing you know me not at all nor the situation. Im only looking for feedback from Marines who consider themselves to be individuals better than the rest and know it (MARSOC Operators spec op community gentlemen) If you are not aiding in a constructive manner towards trying to help myself better understand more about all the aspects of the special forces community and therein the lifestyle I am considering committing to then I don't need your help, or any moronic banter about attitudes. I see truth in a corrupt system and do not want to be apart of it. This is what makes America the greatest country on earth my desire to be better than the rest (Remember our four-fathers?) Im sure someone if not all of England something similar if not exactly the same as which you just replied to me and look at the outcome of all of that. Stupid stuck in their ways conventionalists who wanted to oppress a people to their beliefs and ways of doing things were made a fool of by free thinkers and a desire to live a better life....Ideas will always live eternal and as long as there are men who believe in them it is us who will live eternal and you who will fade into the pages of history as being insignificant. This is for me. Not you, I could care less about your negativity.

Honestly? You're probably going to get all butt-hurt reading this and tell me that I'm not high-speed enough to give you advice, but here goes...

Get out of the Corps and move on with your life. Your attitude is the kind that infects a unit and makes it a miserable place to be. Other Marines will see your individualism and disdain for them and either try to be like you (the shitbirds) or want nothing to do with you and shun you, while also believing that people like you represent the Marines at 8th & I and wonder about their professionalism. Your idea that you're better than most everyone else will quickly lead to you taking short cuts, believing that special people like you don't need to learn/do the basics. I would bet money that because of your individualism, you will never make it through selection or survive in a line unit. I'd also be willing to bet you're something of a pariah in your current unit, most likely because of your attitude, and most of the Marines there either actively don't like you or ignore you. Belief that you should join MARSOC because you're special will not lead to your success. While I applaud you for graduating boot camp and becoming a Marine, it sounds like you never got "it".

Full disclosure, I am not, nor have I ever been a member of MARSOC (wasn't around when I was a young buck...), but I have passed selection for other specialized units. I do not consider myself an "individual better than the rest", but a member of a team with a job to do, who works my ass off to make the team better.

BTW, care to tell us what you do at 8th & I?

BTW2, I find it funny that you say "you know me not at all nor the situation", yet you ask for advice. I never felt the need to ask advice of total strangers before I tried something, I just went out and did it...

Love your 'going away party' pic on FB, Nate. :cool:

Welcome to shadowspear.com.

Slow your roll a bit and you might make it to day two.

Honestly? You're probably going to get all butt-hurt reading this and tell me that I'm not high-speed enough to give you advice, but here goes...

Get out of the Corps and move on with your life. Your attitude is the kind that infects a unit and makes it a miserable place to be. Other Marines will see your individualism and disdain for them and either try to be like you (the shitbirds) or want nothing to do with you and shun you, while also believing that people like you represent the Marines at 8th & I and wonder about their professionalism. Your idea that you're better than most everyone else will quickly lead to you taking short cuts, believing that special people like you don't need to learn/do the basics. I would bet money that because of your individualism, you will never make it through selection or survive in a line unit. I'd also be willing to bet you're something of a pariah in your current unit, most likely because of your attitude, and most of the Marines there either actively don't like you or ignore you. Belief that you should join MARSOC because you're special will not lead to your success. While I applaud you for graduating boot camp and becoming a Marine, it sounds like you never got "it".

Full disclosure, I am not, nor have I ever been a member of MARSOC (wasn't around when I was a young buck...), but I have passed selection for other specialized units. I do not consider myself an "individual better than the rest", but a member of a team with a job to do, who works my ass off to make the team better.

BTW, care to tell us what you do at 8th & I?

BTW2, I find it funny that you say "you know me not at all nor the situation", yet you ask for advice. I never felt the need to ask advice of total strangers before I tried something, I just went out and did it...

Very well said, Gunny! Hoorah! says the non-Marine

Welcome. Listen to what 0699 is saying. Take a deep breath and start over on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back