Intro

ctounget

Unverified
Whats going on guys? Name's Chris, I'm a soldier in the reserves (I know I know, it doesn't count for shit haha.) I'm a 25Q or LOS communications been in for nearly two years and love it but wish I was active at times. Going to school right now, but planning on going active and OCS after I get my degree. Which brings me as to why I'm on this site; I would really like to go the SF route as an officer and hope to find some useful information, and suggestions on how to make it as a good officer in SF through this site. Any questions feel free to ask me, I'm sure I'll have plenty for you guys as well.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

Med - I'm focusing on the 25's but still anticipating the 300 and want to make sure I'm ready for it ;)

Marauder - Yes they do, but I can't commit the time it takes to get where I want in it. I was in it for a semester and realized that it was quite a bit to handle while going after an Engineering degree, and that with such a big cadet bn, as an engineering major I was never going to get where I wanted to be. ROTC's selection is geared in favor of those who have time and good GPA's. Its a lot easier to get the top slot when you're a history major compared to an engineer.

Don't even worry about SF yet. Worry about your current job, college, OCS, OBC, BAC, AOC and being a 1LT(P) or CPT before you can even get to Selection... that's a minimum of 5 years away right now. Focus on the 25m targets in your path.

Welcome.

Word.

Also, check out the SF recruiting page (I think we have a link around here somewhere, but failing that Google is your friend) for a basic understanding of how an O is even picked up to attend SFAS (it is harder than people think). Good luck.

Welcome.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

Med - I'm focusing on the 25's but still anticipating the 300 and want to make sure I'm ready for it ;)

Marauder - Yes they do, but I can't commit the time it takes to get where I want in it. I was in it for a semester and realized that it was quite a bit to handle while going after an Engineering degree, and that with such a big cadet bn, as an engineering major I was never going to get where I wanted to be. ROTC's selection is geared in favor of those who have time and good GPA's. Its a lot easier to get the top slot when you're a history major compared to an engineer.

Roger, I was an engineer too (for a while), and ROTC and in my last year, a fraternity. That's probably why it took me five years to finish my four-year degree
frown.png

I don't know how your school works, but at our school you could take the lower-level ROTC courses without committing to the ROTC program and things like FTXs, leadership lab, and PT; those were the GPA-boosting "fun" courses anyway like marksmanship, combatives, rappelling, etc. Sometimes some good initial leadership training too. If you can take some ROTC electives it might be worth your time.

Back