Introducing the KRISS Super V System

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
Apparently these guys are going to be at the Shot Show, ;) an informal review would be cool. lol

It's an interesting concept and I'd be curious to see if they can take off in the market.

Introducing the KRISS Super V System
The first major breakthrough in automatic weapons operating systems design in more than 120 years!
How the KRISS Super V System Works

kriss_01_med.gif
KRISS Super V System​
The KRISS system overcomes the shock-creating effects of the recoil gas by re-directing the gas’s energy down and away from the traditional “straightline” design that creates so much felt-recoil and muzzle climb. The KRISS System, in addition to “re-vectoring” the forces of the recoil, also reduces muzzle climb by activating a counter-balancing mass that further absorbs shock and re-directs forces that would otherwise create muzzle climb, thus compounding the operator’s ability to consistently put rounds on-target whether through single-fire, multi-round burst or full automatic firing. Due to the fewer and lighter weight components, the KRISS is able to fire at extremely high rates of fire (1100-1500 should the application so warrant), however, the ROF can be easily adjusted to more common rates (650-700) through minor adjustments to the mechanism.
Because of its unique design, the KRISS technology significantly reduces both the number and weight of the moving parts of the mechanism. By reducing the mass of the slider and bolt and re-directing their movement, KRISS provides a lighter-weight operating system (as well as overall weapon) that in addition to the reduction of recoil and muzzle climb, can be handled for longer periods of time—and more accurately—by the operator.
The KRISS® Super V Vector SMG™ Demonstration Prototype

SMG_IMG_4037.jpg
KRISS Vector SMG​
The first decision made by TDI was that in order to understand the true breakthrough performance of the KRISS System, it had to be deployed in a real weapon and fired. TDI is well ahead of the rest of the small arms industry in its use of highly advanced CAD/CAM design, engineering and analysis systems, but the real test of a breakthrough technology in a weapon lies in the firing, and not in engineering simulations.
The decision to demonstrate and prototype a fully-designed weapon was based upon a combination of factors: The .45ACP is a globally-adopted and acknowledged round known for it’s knock-down power in close quarters, as well as its astounding levels of recoil. In addition, the SMG platform was chosen as it potentially fills a gap in the global arms portfolio that is gaining increased attention as the battlefield moves to more close-in urban and mechanized combat, which requires hi-power, adjustable ROF and highly maneuverable weapon frames.
The current KRISS Super V Vector SMG is a highly-developed prototype—one that has had extensive combat-experienced operator input designed into it—but it is merely a demonstration and proof of concept platform that admirably showcases the benefits of the KRISS System. However, the following speaks volumes about the reliability of the design.
Quick Facts

• More than 70 KRISS Vector SMG's prototypes produced or in production and available for demonstration and evaluation by qualified global LE and MIL units
  • More than 50,000 rounds fired with no major failures and very high MRBS
  • More than 50 demonstrations for more than 200 operators in the US and overseas
  • ATF approval of porting of full-auto version for civilian applications
What the KRISS Super V Offers to the Military/Law Enforcement/Civilian Markets
The KRISS System offers many potential benefits to a wide variety of applications, caliber sizes, services and operators. Here are just a few of the most important benefits:
  • Higher operator efficiency: In other words, more rounds on-target more of the time. Greater lethal speed and less burst dispersion mean a more effective operator. This unprecedented controllability is achieved through a combination of significant reductions in felt-recoil and muzzle climb, reduced weight, compactness of frame and reduction in the number of moving parts.

Not only is the operator able to gain greater effect from his shooting, but his ability to keep the weapon in-service has been addressed by a simple mechanism that is not only easy to learn, but markedly easier to field strip and clean than any other mechanism. This also means shorter training cycles, longer retention of the operator’s efficiency along with higher operational availability of weapon and operator and lower operating costs.
    kriss_camo_bkgnd.jpg
  • Portability of design: The KRISS technology can be easily adapted to any size caliber and any type of platform. Thus, KRISS becomes a highly efficient system that provides significant operating benefits in a multitude of applications. This will significantly reduce training and maintenance cycles.
  • Cost-effectiveness: With extensive production analysis work done and with simplicity a design requirement, TDI believes that weapons using the KRISS technology will be highly cost efficient in production quantities due to the elegant simplicity of the mechanism and its fewer moving parts.
Where the KRISS Super V™ is Today
kriss_tac_shooter.jpg
The KRISS System technology is fully documented, as are all testing results. If you are a manufacturer, the technology is available for licensing today, either for application to your own product lines, development of new weapons or adoption of the KRISS Super V Vector SMG.
If your interest lies in purchasing the KRISS Super V Vector SMG, we would be happy to discuss production, pricing and delivery options once we have a full understanding of your specific requirements.
Whether your interest is to license the KRISS System and integrate into your own product offerings or to produce or purchase the KRISS Super V Vector SMG, TDI is ready and willing to be a high value-added partner to your enterprise. To find out more please contact: Mr. Andrew Finn

Links:

Now that is a hot looking shootin iron...

I did not hit the links, but are any licenses being produced yet??

If so, are they LE/MIL or civilian??

I would like to test fire one...

thanks for the story

They have a civilian variant apparently. ;)
http://www.kriss-tdi.com/component/option,com_performs/Itemid,21/

Interested in purchasing a KRISS weapon?

If you're lucky enough to live in one of the 38 folding stock States, you have the chance to own one of the very few KRISS Vector CRB/SO's that will be available in 2008. Once these are sold, we will not build any more.

We expect to sell out of these CRB/SO's very quickly, so if you haven't already, please provide us with your contact information below so that you may be placed on our Priority Waiting List. We'll keep your request in date-received order and will keep you posted on our final shipping and pricing information as it becomes available. Please fill out the form below completely; we'll have to reject those that are incomplete. Note that since we are not accepting or requiring a paid deposit, joining our Waiting List does not constitute a contract to sell you a weapon and TDI reserves the right to cancel or otherwise withdraw the Waiting List at any time and at its sole discretion.

We're delighted by your continued interest and we'll be back with your shortly.

I think that it would be a great asset to SWAT teams and other law enforcement agencies. I don't know if the military would pick this thing up or not.

I will add this one to the list of "have to go to at the SHOT Show".

If I dont get too overwhelmed then I will have info to post Friday when I get back.

Unless I win a ton of cash, then you all have to wait till I am sitting on a lounge drinking a fruity drink with umbrella on a beach anywhere warmer than Chicago!!!!

I still dunno really...

It is obviously much more controllable than other full auto SMG's, but is there as real of a need as they are saying in that video? Handing out these full auto weapons may end up causing more damage than life saving...

In the video where he's shooting at the dummy in the car, his full auto burst sprays all over the place, even breaking the window. Perhaps that shoot was a poor example for them to choose, and I don't know the shooters qualifications, but for law enforcement agencies, that's overkill. Especially with Continuum of Force Oversight Committees or whatever. The rule of thumb is the least amount of force necessary to control a subject. Naturally, the armchair quarterbacking of officers decisions is a detriment to the lives of all citizens, but that won't stop them. Personally, I don't think anyone will sign off on dumping a 30 round mag of .45 ACP into a vehicle in 2 seconds.

I think that it would be a great asset to SWAT teams and other law enforcement agencies. I don't know if the military would pick this thing up or not.

I could see a variant as a Spec Ops weapon. Chamber it for 454 Casul, basically a longer more powerful .45. The 454 Casul is overkill as a pistol round and has a LOT of kick but this design tames the kick, and probably the right stock would help more. A bit more barrell and you can have a knockdown round with range. It would figure to do very well in an urban fight.

A gun chambered for 454 Casull can shoot the .45 acp. Thus...you have a subsonic round option,and the weapon can have a threaded barrell for a silencer. A smaller round can be loght loaded to be subsonic..but loses it's stopping power. The 45 was always subsonic and is very well known and trusted.

Such a weapon can be evolved beyond what it is now. Getting a potent hitting SMG not prone to climbing, easy to silence,good penetration or stopping punch....it may initially be seen as a limited niche but can turn into a weapon used more. We may see more small unit battles in the near future. The large scale Fulda Gap scenario or even Desert Storm are less likely ,so weapons may be less "mass production" and more mission efficient.

heheheh already purchased one while i was still working for the g-man ordered it thru my lt so i got all the bells and whistles ... its more impressive to shoot than it looks and it sure looked good when i saw it..

I still dunno really...

It is obviously much more controllable than other full auto SMG's, but is there as real of a need as they are saying in that video? Handing out these full auto weapons may end up causing more damage than life saving...

In the video where he's shooting at the dummy in the car, his full auto burst sprays all over the place, even breaking the window. Perhaps that shoot was a poor example for them to choose, and I don't know the shooters qualifications, but for law enforcement agencies, that's overkill. Especially with Continuum of Force Oversight Committees or whatever. The rule of thumb is the least amount of force necessary to control a subject. Naturally, the armchair quarterbacking of officers decisions is a detriment to the lives of all citizens, but that won't stop them. Personally, I don't think anyone will sign off on dumping a 30 round mag of .45 ACP into a vehicle in 2 seconds.

I think the application is sort of an MP5 that's got more knockdown and the 45's subsonic velocity,which is a plus in situations where silenced is nessecery. Maybe a major city Tac squad would use a few rather as they'd use an MP5. Generally,police don't do "full auto" much,and lean to ammo that's either precise or is limited range.

Military, the core concept answers a need..or sure aims to. The MP5 has some advantages in urban situations and covert but it has the limitations of a middleweight 9 mm round.

i like the layout,ergonomics of the FN-P90, though I have never had the chance to use one. The way it's very compact without stuff sticking out to snag or get bent can be good in close quarters,or even for airborne. It's small bullet has some velocity-not much mass. Could the principles of the Kriss and the P 90 be blended somewhat? I assume the core concept of the Kriss weapon won't ever allow a real compact package but I think that a "next gen" version probably gets a bit streamlined and is a bit more compact. I think the concept of less recoil + climb might even become the base for a future SAW type of gun.

Complexity, cost of production and maintainance....might be limiting.

Bootstrap, Does your's seem like it's to complex to be adapted to a general combat role?

I did see the demo on Future Weapons and I don't think he intended to do a tight group..rather wanted to punch a lot of big holes fast to show raw firepower. At another point he was demonstrating relative accuracy.

Domestic police are not handing out full auto anything for everyday use. For the military, the trend now is away from massive forces,numerically and there may be a shift away from a One Size Fits All.

Back