Introduction: Former Corpsman going to Army basic the 17th.

murderyassmoustache

Corpsman
Verified SOF
Hey gents and ladies,

I'm on the site to learn my way into the Army way of life. I got out of the Navy in Sept. 2015. I was a Doc and out of Lejeune the entirety of my career. Some schools that I've been to are Basic Recon Course (Class 8-11), USMC Combatant Diver, Airborne, Combat Marksmanship Coach, and DMMP (Dive Med). If anyone wants any insight or info on going through any of these courses as Corpsman, ask away. However, I am not a SARC. Got out when my daughter was born. WRONG DECISION.

I leave for Army Basic the 17th and working my way to SFAS as soon as possible through ARNG. A big reason I joined this site was to do some research on what day to day is like in guard SF, however not focusing on it. Short range target is staying fit and healthy for selection and getting there. Just browsing through here this last week home to give me shit to think of for the next 16 weeks at Benning. (yay)

Thanks to those of you who keep this site up and going. It's nice to have a source for these communities thats not about the dollar and making shit "hollywood".

DP

Best of success to you. Going thru boot camp a second time? Ugh.

Based on your history, I'd brush up on my squad leader skills!

Welcome to the site!

If you were at 2nd, you know, over there in Courthouse bay we may know quite a few of the same people.

Welcome to SS.

Check out our Mentor Groups. There is a specific SF Group, so plug into that early on. Best of luck.

Welcome to the site!

If you were at 2nd, you know, over there in Courthouse bay we may know quite a few of the same people.

Im sure we do. Small Marine Corps and even smaller community. If they worked in the dive locker, BAS, or paraloft between 2012 and 2015 theres a fine chance. Message me if you want to pass names back and forth.

Welcome to the site.

Even with those qualifications you have to do OSUT? That seems a bit ridiculous.

Back