Introduction, PJ info

Quiet-man

Unverified
Howdy!
Besides being thankful for this forum and the much needed info and discussion, there is not much more I can say or contribute. Besides my thanks. Honored to be able to read, research, and possibly ask questions.

Currently, I'm a young dad, working nights as a Critical Care Nurse (level 1 trauma hospital). Have an awesome, supportive wife, who has realized I need to jump for a new career. I've always been interested in joining the best of the best, and aiding the country and joining a team in the military, but have stuffed it again and again for one reason or another. Now I'm realizing I'm doing myself a disservice, and need to get real with myself, regardless. So, setting my sights hard on pararescue. It's a humbling decision to walk away from my current career, which I'm thankful for the experience. Hope to bring some of that with me.

Right now I'm:
--Waiting on a recruiters response, because, How the heck do you Join!!?? I applied for info via pararescue.com….Gonna wait another week to see what happens, if someone contacts me.
--Training and plotting a schedule for being able to achieve well above and beyond PAST scores. A PJ on some forum here pointed out an INDOC goal of: run 3mi@21 min (or less), 82push, 100sits, 16 pull-ups, and a 1500m swim@26min. (Darn water is only hang-up. I'm starting from scratch…and short at 5'4". Just getting in the water seems to help, haha! Who would'a thunk?)
--Sick of google and youtube. Thankful for Shadowspear.
--Ready to talk to an actual recruiter and get this show on the road. Start jumping through hoops to get to the pool.
--Are there any forums you guys can highlight for me to read here? I'm searching, but just double checking to keep repeat forum numbers down.

Thanks for everything, supper appreciative of your time.

quiet-man

Welcome aboard! Best of success to you on your future goals and objectives.

Back