Introduction-Question

George11111111111

Unverified
Hi!
I'm from enemy Russia)
Have no attitide to any military structures. I just have a complicated historical question of 1950-1960 period of time. And it is very hard to get information from "other side" about this time. There are a lot of rumors and scary stories or propaganda, but I have no idea where to find any adequate bits of info.

A group of tourists died in very strange circumstances in Ural forest in 1959. The real reason of this tragedy is unknown. There are many crazy versions: UFO, criminal, bloody kgb killed them as many other soviet people just for fun and so on. But one of them looks very authentic in details inspite of very-very spy-movie style:
Group of tourists had two or three soviet intelligence officers, one of them a double agent, promised to bring some secret stuff to some NATO intelligence agents, other two helped him. Others: 6-7 civilians, students of 20-22 years. Contact was planned in forest like occasional meeting of two tourists group. But something went wrong and NATO agents killed all of them by freezing alive (it was rather cold -25 -30) and by bitting with "bare hands" (to perform all of this like an accident)

The question are like:
Is it generally real?
Was the atmosphere at that period of time so serious, to kill 7 civilians by such brutal methods (eyes and tongue of one of the girls were cutted, while "interrogation" to find others who was hiding) because of threat of group fail?
Can be such methods of killing reasonable and reliable enough to exclude any suspections from anyone or firearms and knifes would be more NATO special forces style of that time?
What kind of secret stuff it must be for such kind of operation with such high responsobility or risk?

I quess it looks like some kind of propaganda about cruel us army and so on. But all details, there are plenty of them, they cannot be explained by any other version except this. I doubt the full english version of this theory exists, but it is a book about 670 pages and it looks very very real for incompetent person like me.
Here is some english source about this story: Secret Soviet death rays. Yetis. Aliens. Just what did slaughter nine hikers on Siberia's Death Mountain in 1959?

Excuse me for my english)
If I'm very wrong with place to ask such question, please, tell where to ask.
Thanks.

Welcome.

Without any idea of the event in question, I have doubts that any American service member and or intelligence officer would cut the eyes and tongue out of a young girl for interrogation purposes. But anything is possible... Like X SF med said, I doubt you will get any definitive answer's, but please do stay on the board, I know myself personally, I would like to read your perspective on current events, etc.

Again welcome to the site.

Definitely an interesting intro. I also agree that you should stick around. Different perspectives are always welcome and encouraged.

In regards to your original question...I have absolutely no idea. BUT, if what you're saying IS accurate...I would think that the KGB would have more cause to kill these people than NATO Agents would. Could it be that the KGB killed them before they could release the information to NATO?

Welcome to SS. Very interesting intro, but I'll have to agree with @ x SF med , and others about questions from the Cold War era. Have fun, and enjoy our site.

Last edited:
I tend to agree with fox-but have no real back up knowledge to support that view.As many have stated-awesome intro and welcome aboard.Look forward to your future posts.

Welcome.

That is one of the most bizarre explanations I've heard of for the Dyatlov story. It took them something like a week or two just to begin the climb, so why in the world would anyone go to those lengths to meet an agent?

Back