Introduction

Cheef

Unverified
Hello everyone,
I am a senior in high school that resides in Southern Illinois. I know I am at the ripe age of 17, but I look forward to learning from those on this website who have served and continue to serve (your service is truly appreciated). I was brought to this website on my quest for knowledge of the special operations community, and must say that this is truly a website rivaled by none other, the staff have done a great job. This website shall be a great learning tool for me in my pursuit of understanding with the special operations community, for my ultimate goal in life at the moment is to attend the United States Naval Academy, become an officer in the Marine Corps, and just maybe have the chance to join the ranks of the many special operations operators defending our country right now. I know that this is a monumental challenge, especially for someone at my age and experience level, but I plan to take it one step at a time, and hopefully with hard work and a lot of luck I can realize this goal. Nevertheless, thank you for accepting my membership, and I look forward to learning.

Welcome. Well written intro. What's your second General Order For Sentry (for Marines). Meh, in this day and age of Google, anyone can get the answer for just about anything in a few seconds. But once you get in to real training, you won't always have a smart phone or PC at your disposal. So start learning!

wow... lots of words, not much flow to them though...
I think the short answer is...

17, want to go to USNA to commission into USMC SOF, like reading about SOF and got to the site using a search... all the normal brown nose crap about how great the site is yada yada... and you want to learn.

2 lines in an order that is readable versus all that hard to read stuff... clarity of communication is something you will need should you get into the Officer Corps of any service.... just saying.

Thanks everybody, and fair enough SF med. I will take that into consideration considering you are in SOF and know what you are talking about.

Welcome to the site, glad you're here. USNA is one of the toughest schools in the country to get into, I hope you have a good plan and have been working hard on it.

Welcome- and good luck! I can vouch for how hard it is to get into;) Don't do like me and end up getting Medically DQ'd- if you had a health issue thats not a problem anymore- DON'T TELL THEM! :eek:

Again, good luck and welcome to the site :)

wow... lots of words, not much flow to them though...
I think the short answer is...

17, want to go to USNA to commission into USMC SOF, like reading about SOF and got to the site using a search... all the normal brown nose crap about how great the site is yada yada... and you want to learn.

2 lines in an order that is readable versus all that hard to read stuff... clarity of communication is something you will need should you get into the Officer Corps of any service.... just saying.

FAIL!

He's trying to be an Officer.
Meaningless blather and repeating points ad nauseum is an integral part of Officer training.

Back