Introduction

Ravensfan9090

Unverified
Good morning,

I'm new to the forums, but here's a little about me. I'm a 23 year old college student (history major) from Maryland. While I'm not in the military, I do have a deep desire to serve after I finally graduate. I've had an interest in the special operations community for years, and also realize how difficult it is to achieve that level. I do work in the private sector right now, but I have a burning desire to join whether its full-time or national guard.

For those of you that are current/former service members, you are the only people I have the utmost respect for. I have friends/relatives in Afghanistan now and I can't even comprehend what you guys do on a daily basis. I look forward to discussing some topics on here with everyone!

There are many ways to serve, the military is but one.

Thank you for your support and your interest in joining up. How much longer until graduation?

Welcome to the site.

There are many ways to serve, the military is but one.

Thank you for your support and your interest in joining up. How much longer until graduation?

Welcome to the site.

Thanks, I am anticipated to graduate in the Spring/Summer of 2012, but the way college is...the class I need is either not in for that semester or the professor is on sabbatical. Plus, I'm working 24-30 hours a week at an entry level position while going to school full time now, so after this I'm going to go part time at school.

My biggest issue is my family. I have a very tight knit one, but my parents have been completely against it.

Thank you for the welcome!

Welcome to SS. Thank you for the interest in a serving. As Marauder says, "there are many ways to serve". This is an ideal place to gather ideas, and learn prior to signing on. Best of luck in your studies at College Park.

RF 1

Welcome to Shadowspear. It is always a good idea to listen to and evaluate any guidance and advice you receive, especially when it comes from ones parents. The final responsibility though is ultimately yours. You must decide what direction you will go as your own path thru life. The greatest failure is the failure to try.

Back