Introduction

BenB

Unverified
I would like to start off by apologizing for incorrectly posting my first attempt at my introduction it was a not a blatant attempt to disobey or disregard the established rules and procedures.

My name is Ben Bieber and my interest in the US military began in 2001 like so many have my uncle Woody Ryan worked in South Tower and was at the office September 1st. He was fortunate enough to of had the desire for a cup of coffee that morning which brought him temporarily out of harms way. It was that personal connection and feeling of my family under attack that initially attracted me.

Im currently in school studying political science with aspirations to become a member of the community you all call home. I recently enlisted under the 18x contract so I am doing everything in my power to prepare for my departure this fall.

Why Special Forces?

The mission the force represents is in my mind the foundation of the future of warfare and represents the epitome of nations values and principles. The ability to create change and impact lives for the better in all nations is something few can even dream of.

Special Forces Mission:

Unconventional Warfare
Foreign Internal Defense
Combatting terrorism
Recconnaissance
Direct action
Nation building

Rangers:

Direct action
Search and Seizure
Combatting terrorism
Assisting in combat operations

Up to this point I am working with a few other enlistees in physical training. This is our weekly routine.

Monday: We run at 6am for 30 minutes ends up reaching a distance of about 3.5 miles.
-20 sets 10 reps of pushups.
-10 sets 10 reps pullups
-5 minutes of sit-ups to entirely sure what the reps end at.
-Then we report this three times

Tuesday: We do 100m sprints 10 of them timed trying to stay under 15 seconds. This is followed by duck walks one mile.
-Squats never exceeding 225lbs
-Lunges 25-50 of them
-Calf raises 50 per leg

Wednesday: We repeat Mondays workout but in reverse order.

Thursday :Swim for 30 minutes continuously and then we usually just sit-ups and pushups but with not particular regimen,

Friday: Ruck march 40+ lbs at least 8 miles.

Saturday: We rest

Sunday: 4-5 miles with 60 lbs trying to keep 15 minute pace.

My number one goal for the remaining time before I ship of to basic training to are to absorb as much as I can from the those who can speak from personal experience. Seeing how I have a significant amount of time before leaving I have no excuse to fail anything for physical reasons so Im doing everything that I have read and been told on future soldier chatrooms with current Special operations members that I can.

Thank you all once again for the choice you made in life I can only hope I can follow,

Welcome.

If that's your real name, you may not want it out in an open forum like this; especially given a goal in the SOF world. Given that you chose it as your screen name as well, an Admin will have to change that.

Welcome to the site.

Why do you never go over 225# on the squat?

Welcome to the site.

Why do you never go over 225# on the squat?

CDG,

I just try to go for reps I use to do most of my workouts like I did during high school football my muscles got to used to the same routine so the past few weeks Ive been doing high reps high sets with short breaks.

Ben-

Glad to have you on board. As was already pointed out, we generally recommend that you not use your real name in the open on the site, especially if you intend to pursue a career in SOF. Choose another name (or just your first name) and PM me, I'll get you sorted.

-mara

Ben-

Glad to have you on board. As was already pointed out, we generally recommend that you not use your real name in the open on the site, especially if you intend to pursue a career in SOF. Choose another name (or just your first name) and PM me, I'll get you sorted.

-mara

I appreciate it I tried to find out where I could change my name but I was unable to do so before my class started this afternoon. Thanks for helping me out.

Back