Introduction

tonyvee

Unverified
Hello, my name is Tony and I am enlisting into the Navy. I haven't sworn in or picked a rate but I am hoping on getting Corpsman. At the moment I am looking into SEALs, MARSOC and SWCC.

Welcome and good luck. If you go Corpsman you should plan on a deployment with FMF your first go round from what I hear/read.

So I don't have to ask for FMF? I thought I read somewhere on Corpsman.com that you usually have to ask for FMF and will sometimes get it if you're one of the top of the class while others are told to do green side or blue side.

Welcome to the site. "A" schools generally allow you to fill out dream sheets, but there's no guarantee you will get the orders you want. Mouth shut, eyes and ears open, and keep your PT/test scores up. That will give you your best shot at getting what you want.

Thank you for the reply. IF I am able to get HM, should I start studying for A school? I was taking an EMT class (not an EMT though) and a part of the reason why I took it was in case I a) get HM and/or b) major emergencies which require me to apply first aid, CPR, defib/AED, etc.

Thank you for the reply. IF I am able to get HM, should I start studying for A school? I was taking an EMT class (not an EMT though) and a part of the reason why I took it was in case I a) get HM and/or b) major emergencies which require me to apply first aid, CPR, defib/AED, etc.

I was not Navy but concentrate on the 25 meter target, as we all say. Get through boot camp then get to HM school. I am sure they (school house) will teach you all you need to know. P.T. as C.D.G. said. What will not hurt is finding a mentor group and asking questions after searching, as I am sure you know. If you must study something medical, get a anatomy coloring book and do that. It's the basis of all medical if you must. Again, welcome.

F.M.

I would like to say thanks for all the welcomes and advice. I was just sworn in today and got Corpsman on my contract. I leave to Boot Camp on Oct 3rd which gives me 6 months to learn the 11 general orders and Sailor's Creed backwards. Also can't forget the PT.

Are you going in under one of the Challenge contracts? If not, your PT will suffer a lot in Boot Camp.

They are the SEAL/SWCC/EOD/Diver contracts. Now that I think about it, I don't think you can sign one of those and get a rate guarantee as well. Just be prepared to have to spend some time building yourself back up after Boot Camp.

Back