Introduction

Ronnoc

Infantry
Verified Military
Greetings Shadowspear Members,

My name is XXXX XXXX, I am 19 years old and currently live in Minnesota. I am the son of an Infantry Officer, and have always aspired to serve my country as my Father has. Physical fitness and Self-Defense have always been a big part of my life. I started boxing at the age of 15 and could not get enough of it. A year later I wanted more and started training at a local Mixed Martial Arts gym. I had my first Amateur MMA fight at the age of 17 and won via 1st RD/KO. After graduating from High School, I wanted to continue learning and growing as a martial artist. I envisioned my training aiding me later in my life, as I dreamed of a SOF military career. I enrolled at MSUM in Moorhead, MN to please my parents, and gain access to one of the best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu academies in the area(FargoBJJ). I still attend MSUM and train regularly at FargoBJJ, aswell as assistant coach the Adult Boxing/Muay Thai class. I am torn between trying to acquire an Army ROTC Scholarship at ASU (Hopefully to receive an Infantry Commissioning), or to finish off my degree (3 more years) and wait for an 11x Option 40 Contract to surface.

I wanted to join this community to learn as much as I could about all aspects of SOF. I have the upmost respect for all who serve, and can not wait to see if I have what it takes to join the elite ranks of the SOF members. I apologize for the length of this, but I wanted to supply enough information to try and get the point across that I am serious about my goals. (I left out information on PT, if you want to know anything PT related just let me know.)

-Feel free to PM any advice/information you think I would benefit from, or to hate on my long introduction; either way ill read it and (try) to learn from it.

Thank you,
XXXX XXXXX

edited by pardus for persec reasons

I just removed your name for PERSEC reasons for both yourself and your father.

Thank you Moderating Staff Pardus, aswell as everyone else for welcoming me.

It's just "Pardus." Or, maybe after you have been here a while and have earned it, "that wanker Pardus." ;)

Other acceptable iterations for pardus are:

"that Kiwi bastard Pardus"
"that sheep-fucker Pardus"
"that Kiwi sheep-fucker Pardus"
"that sheep-fucking bastard Pardus"
"that Kiwi sheep-fucking bastard Pardus"

:D

It's just "Pardus." Or, maybe after you have been here a while and have earned it, "that wanker Pardus." ;)

Roger that Marauder06,

Is it ok to call all members simply by their screen name? I just want to make sure I show the proper respect when addressing members on this forum, and to not upset anyone. :D

Roger that Marauder06,

Is it ok to call all members simply by their screen name? I just want to make sure I show the proper respect when addressing members on this forum, and to not upset anyone. :D

I understand where you're coming from, that shows good situational awareness in your part. It is part of the culture on some sites to address selected individuals by certain titles, we don't do that here. Personally, I find it awkward and sycophantic so I'm glad our site doesn't have a similar policy.

At any rate, as a general rule you'll always be fine in addressing anyone on the site by their username. Over time, you will notice certain individuals have nicknames, or that other site members address them in a certain way. You might also see that some individuals with very close relationships make fun of each others' ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation. This kind of banter is earned over time, and is common between people who have similar life experiences and a high degree of mutual respect.

On this site, as in life, be careful to take the same kind of liberties with site members that you see others take. For example, while Pardus would take CDG's post above as a joke because of the long history and respect between the two of them, a new member might get a much different reaction if they were to presume the same degree of familiarity.

In short, you were smart to err on the side of caution, but superfluous titles are unnecessary when addressing other members or site staff. Besides, Boon will probably fire pardus soon anyway, no need for you to get used to calling him "moderating staff" ;)

I understand where you're coming from, that shows good situational awareness in your part. It is part of the culture on some sites to address selected individuals by certain titles, we don't do that here. Personally, I find it awkward and sycophantic so I'm glad our site doesn't have a similar policy.

At any rate, as a general rule you'll always be fine in addressing anyone on the site by their username. Over time, you will notice certain individuals have nicknames, or that other site members address them in a certain way. You might also see that some individuals with very close relationships make fun of each others' ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation. This kind of banter is earned over time, and is common between people who have similar life experiences and a high degree of mutual respect.

On this site, as in life, be careful to take the same kind of liberties with site members that you see others take. For example, while Pardus would take CDG's post above as a joke because of the long history and respect between the two of them, a new member might get a much different reaction if they were to presume the same degree of familiarity.

In short, you were smart to err on the side of caution, but superfluous titles are unnecessary when addressing other members or site staff. Besides, Boon will probably fire pardus soon anyway, no need for you to get used to calling him "moderating staff" ;)

Awesome, thank you for your insight Marauder06!

Also, when addressing pardus , you damn sure better call him Sir! He's earned it. :D

Do that and I will find out where you live, I will then procede to remove your liver with a spoon and eat it in front of you.
All this will be done in front of Skrewzloose who will be hanging upside down in a tree, watching my dinner feast through his entrails which I have previously removed from his abdomen.

Your call... }:-)

Back