Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

airbornenuttsac

Verified Military
Gentleman and other distinguished guests of this site, allow me to introduce myself not by name but by my service to our nation. I started my service young enlisting at 17, and by March of 2000 I was quickly sent off to basic training to a hellhole called Sand Hill. I was well trained under the guidance of seasoned NCOs that made my time at Dco 2/58, one of character building and true understanding of my choice to be an Infantryman. I graduated knowing although we were at peace my blade as an Infantryman should always be ready to defend my country. I understood that this was not a game and my life will depend on the brothers I had found in the heat of the Georgia sun. I went on to graduate Airborne School, Air Assault, and earn my EIB at the ripe age of 18 while serving in the 101st Airborne. I loved every day in field where I could play out scenarios we never thought would happen, like children enjoying a friendly game among our peers. I remember coming into base after a good morning of PT, my uniform pressed and boots with a shine only 1SG would love. My thoughts were of the tasks at hand and how best to get them done, went threw my mind till I came to the gate. I realized something had happen and the rap music I was listing to no longer mattered. As I raced threw the dials to find a news channel, my heart stopped. I let go of the dial as I felt my feelings of peace and security fall away like wheat in September. We were at war and I had a job to do and I was willing to follow my brothers into the valley of the shadow of death. The call came in March of 2003 and the men of 3/327 Dco 101st Airborne had a “rendezvous with destiny” north of Baghdad and I was with them. I have had more time in hell then I can say in words, but as a warrior it is best to say my brothers are the heroes and the lucky ones stayed home. I have spent many years struggling with the idea that I have felt more at home in the chaos of war then in a bed next to beautiful women. I believe this is the reason I find myself here, wondering does the mind ever forget what the hands can do, or are we just echoes in history, of wars that are ours to hold dear.

Welcome neighbor. Let me know if you need help with vetting. I'll be back in town Saturday

S/F

Whats with your username? Ha

Last edited:
I guess its best to leave a link, I have troubles some times communicating because I have Bipolar and I get emotional when I think to deep. http://kitsapveteranslife.com/blog/the-aftermath-of-george-aquiningoc-veteran-profile/1642/ I can do the DD214 if any questions about who I am ,nothing to hide. I just noticed, I did not get as warm of welcome as the other members who posted before me and I just don't want to waste peoples time if I am out of place. If I am wrong to be here please let me know so I can let you get back to businesses of helping the best become better.

I guess its best to leave a link, I have troubles some times communicating because I have Bipolar and I get emotional when I think to deep. http://kitsapveteranslife.com/blog/the-aftermath-of-george-aquiningoc-veteran-profile/1642/ I can do the DD214 if any questions about who I am ,nothing to hide. I just noticed, I did not get as warm of welcome as the other members who posted before me and I just don't want to waste peoples time if I am out of place. If I am wrong to be here please let me know so I can let you get back to businesses of helping the best become better.

Just submit your DD 214 for verification, and you will be good to go. Don't worry about warm welcomes, not all of us are full of rainbows and butterflies!

I have never met a man in combat who was lol. I will do this, I find its best for men like me to show what we have under the pants before we get respect from the lady's.

It is done, enjoy my paper work and hope this clears up any fog there might be. I think this is the best way to come into a community of warriors, is to prove you are one.

I like it, it is a good test of ones bull shit to see if it stinks. Even my DD214 is not right, but any true warrior can see the story of ones service is in his eyes but when we are in this digital realm, it is hard to do this. I find that this is in good taste and I willing give it forth for verification.

Welcome. You going to actually participate the next time Hillclimb does one his killer workouts?
Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back