Introduction

Librarian

Verified Military
Greetings everyone,

I hope that Spring blossoms soon follow the Winter storms for each of you (old Japanese idiom). My history is both short and long, depending on perspective, but I think it will seem short to most everyone who reads this post. I graduated high school in 2008, immediately attended college where I majored in Chemistry, but also dabbled in foreign languages (Japanese and Greek), Programming, and a significant amount of Philosophy (of which the existentialists are by far my favorite). I was introduced to the military via close friends in school and eventually joined the ROTC program, from which I commissioned in 2012. I now serve as a Signal Platoon Leader (25A) and am currently pursuing career options in the ARSOF Support community and/or entry into the SF/CA world, while at the same time molding my career and training opportunities to eventually become a Foreign Area Officer. My primary reason for exploring the ARSOF community is the desire to expand my experiences, to learn and grow as a person, and to put my skills forth for the community to use as best they can. I am physically fit and enjoy a variety of activities which I have portrayed on my profile page. I have come to understand that mentorship is both the easiest and most difficult things to obtain and thus decided that I would research communities of like-minded people with the intent of absorbing as much knowledge from their experiences as I can. I look forwarded to meeting each of you, and hope that I can bring something to the table with the knowledge and experience I already have. If you have any questions, general or specific, which you would like me to answer please don't hesitate to ask.

-KP

Back