Introduction

Junaluska

Unverified
Evening, gentlemen. Army 18xray here shipping 12 Sept 16. Am 21 years old, currently working as a welder for a company that erects precast concrete mainly in the DC/Baltimore area and it is time for a change. As far as my aspirations in the Army, I hope to one day serve on an SF ODA and be able to serve in the highest capacity i can, and be around men that push me to be better every day, and that are at the top notch of their game. But as of right now, I am tracking my 25m target to Ft. Benning, while still keeping my eye on the big picture.

I come from a long line of military, Army Infantrymen to be more particular. My great grandfather served in WWI, my grandfather in WWII, my uncle in three tours to Korea and two to Vietnam, and my father in Vietnam as well. Currently my older brother is a 68w assigned to an Artillery unit out of Hawaii.

As far as my level of preparation and motivation. For the APFT my push ups and sit ups are solid. My run could use some work, it is in the mid-15 range, but I see my self bringing that down to low or sub 14's in the next 4 weeks. My one mile time is 6:40, the last mile is what gets me. All of my life I have been a little bit bigger of an athlete (70 inches, 200lbs, 16% BMI) so strength has been my main attribute. On the motivation topic, I will spare you all the "Ill die before i quit" speech. But this is truly what I want out of life and I will do more than my part every day to get there. I would like nothing more on earth than to serve on an A-Team and with men who are the best at what they do.

Cheers,
Kendall

Welcome to SS. You have a long and solid family history of service to our Nation. It is great to hear that you too will keep that tradition alive.

Many thanks to your family members who have served. Best of luck on the road before you.

Back