Introduction

M_M

Unverified
Hello,

I am a former 11B with 1-4 INF in Germany and I am currently working as an engineer for the US Army Corps of Engineers on Torii Station and Kadena in Okinawa, Japan.

I am in the process of working with an Air Force recruiter to apply for a Special Tactics Officer position.

I was discharged from the military early due to plantar fasciitis but since I have been out I spent a lot of time and effort solving the root of that issue and I have since been medically cleared (by civilian doctor). I understand it's going to be an uphill battle but all I can do is keep training and cross my fingers the waivers go through and the powers-that-be give me shot at Phase I and II.

I have a huge amount of respect for the folks in the SOF community; every one I run into here on the island is always willing to impart some good wisdom or just carry on a great conversation. I hope to be able to serve among its ranks someday.

As for my participation; I hope to garner as much knowledge as I can from this site and its contributors and I am also hoping to find a mentor and/or training buddy out here in Japan.

Regards,
Matt

Welcome to SS. It is really too bad you were medically discharged earlier. You have gone the extra mile to treat that issue, and I wish you the very best on your return to active duty.

Back