Introduction

Bushido

Unverified
Hello all, I hope everyone is doing well! Here's just a bit of background info about myself.

My parents escaped from the Khmer Rouge Regime at a very young age. I'm thankful to have been born in the states, and take nothing for granted here. I grew up in the streets, and after bad choices along with living through the struggle I did not want to be a product of my environment. I decided to mature quickly at a young age, used sports as a gateway to stay on top of my education throughout high school, excelling on and off the field. I played football and ran track. I knew what I wanted to do after High School, and that was joining the Army with aspirations of becoming apart of the prestigious 75th Ranger Regiment one day. Unfortunately I tore my ACL which postponed my journey.

After graduating high school, I got into LEO work and embraced an opportunity that many kids do not get my age. I earned the opportunity to get hired on as a Cadet at the City of Euless Police Department. I have defied the odds, overcame adversity, and in full recovery of my knee. As well as successfully coming to an end of my first year of college. I know I have a long journey to endure still. With my knee being up to par, and getting some education in that time span.. I have decided I want to work hard to make my aspiration of becoming an Army Ranger come true.

As of now the guys at the P.D. support my choice, I will have one year of college in, and currently in the process of enlisting. Recently I scored a 62 on my ASVAB, and now just waiting for the go on my med-waiver. I have made clear to the recruiter of my intentions in obtaining an 11X-Op. 40 contract. Also looking into 13F, 68W, but just any opportunity to get a shot at Regiment would be a blessing.

Thankful to have come across this website, I have been visiting this site for awhile. I decided to finally make an account when I felt the time was right. A big thing I noticed is that everything here is detailed oriented. Thank you to the men and women that have served, past or present. Words will never do justice. I seek to continue to gain as much knowledge as possible, and learn from the best of the best. God Bless!

Thank you all for the warm welcome, greatly appreciated!

& Spitfirev, I perform various amounts of tasks for each division as needed. Such as CID (Criminal Investigations Division), Patrol, Jail, Dispatch, and Code Enforcement. I am not a full fledged Officer so I am limited to some of the things that I can do, but right now my supervisor has primarily assigned me in the jail. For a young gun like me it's the best spot of each division in learning what it takes to be an Officer later in the future.

Back